9800 Pro Overclock

I am using ati tool to overclock my 9800 pro and I was wondering is how high will I be able to go??? I just need a ballpark, I know each card is different. Also, ati tool is reading my card as having the R350 core but the gpu chip says R360....Currently i am sitting at 450/380 with no problems.

450/380 is pretty good! What are you cooling it with? my 9800pro does 461/372 bench stable on stock cooling and no ramsinks and 475/390 suicide, so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to go higher as long as you keep your temps down.

Guest Jeremy

I flashed mine to XT, no problems. That also unlocked some things like ATI Overdrive, which allows me to see my temperature.

Edited by Jeremy

I flashed mine to XT, no problems.

461013[/snapback]

that is noobish to say just that, mostly all pros overclock higher than that.

I had my 9800pro up to 515/410 benching, r360 vmodded.

Guest Jeremy
that is noobish to say just that, mostly all pros overclock higher than that.

I had my 9800pro up to 515/410 benching, r360 vmodded.

461020[/snapback]

Yeah your right :lol:

I didn't by any aftermarket cooling for it, so I cant go any higher. You could by better cooling, flash to 9800XT, and then overclock more if you wanted, but flashing to XT unlocks some cool stuff.

Guest Jeremy
I am running a vga silencer rev3 on it with copper ram sinks...can the R360 core be flashed to the XT???

461034[/snapback]

Flash it to XT, which would increase your speeds from PRO, and then overclock from there.

Edited by Jeremy

whitey, flashing to the XT won't increase your OC headroom any since it is still the same core. It will unlock a couple features but that is about the only need for flashing it. I would just worry about keeping it cool and OCing the heck out of it. Actually using a silencer on it I would expect a little higher especially on the core. Is that as high as you have been able to get it? as I said earlier mine does 461 on stock cooling bench stable so yours with a silencer should be able to do that easy. :)

EDIT: whitey, it is not guarunteed that you will be able to see your temps infact I haven't seen a 9800pro where you could because it is a 9800pro and even if you flash it you still have to have a temp sensor of some kind to read temps which only XT's came with.

I hate all you lucky punks who got R360 cores on your 9800Pros. Every reviewer at Newegg said they got the R360 core and just flashed it to XT speeds, so I took a chance, but to no avail. I got stuck with the R350 core, and even with better cooling (Silencer Rev. 3 and RAMsinks) I can only barely manage 420/372, and there's no way I'm gonna try and voltmod my card (don't have the spare cash to replace the card if mod goes bad).