X800xl Watercooled Oc Results

Nodgiles, IMO their return policy is not worth their high prices, lack of quality products, and of course lack of smart well trained tech's. as tbone said you can do the same thing through newegg and others.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first off, piss off, I work at CompUSA.  if you dont' like the store, then go to BestBuy and buy one of their useless replacement plans.  otherwise, shut your piehole.  Though you can post the clock frequencies, try posting some 3dmark05 results.  you should have saved for another month and got the 6800gt.  way better card and OC's way better.

460469[/snapback]

sry bro, didnt mean to offend you. my own experience with compusa hasnt been so good. however, i am entitled to my opinion.

its just the staff that drives me up the wall. thats the only useless part of the store imho. They have good products at good prices, i really do like their stock.

I just wish when i asked for a x800xl, the manager didnt bring out a x600 three times, then after three times of me telling him that is not the right one, he called over his "experienced" technician, and he then brought me an ati tv tuner pro....

Now I ask you, how do you mistake "can you grab me an A-T-I, two hundred fifty six mega-byte, P-C-I express, X-eight-hundred-X-L please."

They keep the 800's locked up in the back, I know this, and I'm telling the manager that they keep it locked up in the back. how do i know this? because i used to work at compuseless, and high dollar stuff is kept in the back. So, when I say COMP-USELESS, there is some experience behind the comment. Unfortunately they were the only ones in town that had the x800xl in stock, otherwise, newegg rocks.

anyway, ran into a problem. At those speeds pictured 3dmark05 put up 5860 on the benchmark. I took a screenshot, opened up photoshop, and boom, comp froze. Now, everytime I run 3dmark05, it goes to just about where the Robocop comes out in the first test (guns blazing starwars scene), and then freezes, or auto reboots.

I took the clocks back to default, and changed the settings in ATI catalyst to default as well, still freezing on me. I was having some problems before, i was thinking then it could of been the psu, this was before i bought the x800. So im headed to the store today to pick up a bigger better psu. Im have a 450 antec 20pin now. Gonna go ahead with a 500w atx2.0 24pin and see if it works.

Other than that, I cant seem to find a hard or soft resetting procedure for this card, any suggestions?

I like compusa, not for the lack of products, not for the high prices, soly for the great return policy. Its nice to know that at anytime I can take my 9800pro in, say it doesnt work and get a full refund twords a newer better card. How can you beat a free upgrade!?

461345[/snapback]

sorry too..it was late, i was tired. anywho, I only like compusa now because yes, they have a good return policy, their exchange program is cool cause though they say they have to test the item before it can be exchanged, they NEVER test anything, and I also get items at cost. THerefore, I get items for the same price as newegg ususally ahs them for. I got my 6800gt for 300 bucks and my new Abit NF8 mobo for 92 bucks. newegg has it for 91. 8 bucks more and i get tot ake it back in 2 years saying its bad and get a new mobo. probably for a newer chip too, if you argue enough =)

Now for the realm of which card is better, I wanna see some 3dmark05 results. Here are mine. This was on the OC in my sic for the videocard, but barely above stock speeds on my processor. my old msi board sucked at OCing.

lol nerm you have no right to speak refridgerator man... lol you have one of the highest overclocks here but gmaz said barely above stock speeds on my processor. now nerm if you overclocked your video card it would be nice to see you post your benchmarks so your pile of . is compared to dinosaur and ours is compared to dog.

lol nerm you have no right to speak refridgerator man... lol you have one of the highest overclocks here but gmaz said barely above stock speeds on my processor. now nerm if you overclocked your video card it would be nice to see you post your benchmarks so your pile of . is compared to dinosaur and ours is compared to dog.

461989[/snapback]

I have one of the highest OC's here? lol I don't think so, but I will very soon. ;) anywayz what does an OC have to do with it I was saying mine was at stock and his was OCed I was doing a comparison as to how bad the 6800gt is lol. :P

EDIT: "refridgerator man" ?????? hahahaha

I have one of the highest OC's here? lol I don't think so, but I will very soon. ;) anywayz what does an OC have to do with it I was saying mine was at stock and his was OCed I was doing a comparison as to how bad the 6800gt is lol. :P

EDIT: "refridgerator man" ?????? hahahaha

462006[/snapback]

I would have to say that SIK has the highest overclock here. My system scores about 6000 in 05 stock.