Drill Press Pulley Cover Window Mod

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're a little confused kobalt, I did not get married, my friend VyroBurn IS GETTING MARRIED

Oops!! Ah well my comment goes for everyone having that modding idea loll :lol::lol:

Ok wicked idea...

Props go to IIxNullxII my buddy for this idea.

He came up with doing number 1 with a nice aluminum fan grille (80MM) no fan just the grille for open air and looks.

Which is a kickass idea because I'm currently power buffing every piece of metal on the drill press that can be shined up, so the aluminum can be buffed to a mirror polish and will look kickass on the top.

I have a few aluminum fan grilles, i think ones the biohazardsign and the other a celtic knot. I'll decide later on which I use.

BTW, #1 is the winner, I've decided the one large window will look kick butt because I'm going to have the belts painted with red lines every so many inches so when it rotates u get a checkered effect in black and red.

--\/@eLen2oo1

Edited by Vaelen2001

cool circles are nice, i wish i had access/possesssed a CNC machine :( but i dont have the money.  good luck!

461112[/snapback]

u don't need money for a CNC, just get a job as a CNC Machinist :lol:

--\/@eLen2oo1

Ok having a problem finding the celtic knot 80mm fan grille i used to have that was brushed aluminum...

I looked online but to no avail.

So im thinking of going with this one:

Cooler Master Fan Grille

I think it will look cool on the drill press and the design is not too fancy but has a cold hard metal look to it.

What do u think?

P.S.-- I am starting the cutting today Wednesday the 13th.

--\/@eLen2oo1

Ok having a problem finding the celtic knot 80mm fan grille i used to have that was brushed aluminum...

I looked online but to no avail.

So im thinking of going with this one:

Cooler Master Fan Grille

I think it will look cool on the drill press and the design is not too fancy but has a cold hard metal look to it.

What do u think?

P.S.-- I am starting the cutting today Wednesday the 13th.

--\/@eLen2oo1

461733[/snapback]

I like the Newer Grille better. A stock fan grille that you would get from a powersupply might look good too. IMO.

Quick update as of Monday April 18th @ 3:20pm:

***#1 shape cut out of pulley cover.

***Abrasion Resistant Acrylic Cut to shape.

***C-Moulding ordered from FrozenCPU.com (ordered a T-shirt too for the h3ll of it. :-) )

***All bare metal polished to a mirror shine on drill press.

***All rust removed from drill press.

--\/@eLen2oo1