Help With Cooling Question

Hi. I have a coolermaster praetorian case that I like quite a bit; I'm just running the four stock 80mm fans in it.

Recently, though, as it has begun to get warmer, I've noticed that my temps seem higher - i need to know if they're too high.

My vidcard (a BFG 6800 GT OC) reports that the ambient temperature is 56c; and the card is cruising at 73c. (!) My understanding is that the vidcard gpu will always be about 15-18 degrees hotter than the ambient temp in the case..

I'm not having any problems - no stutters or artifacts or freezes, even when the card is running at load. (i don't think it ever gets above about 79c, and the threshold is set at 120. I'm not overclocking the card at all.)

So is this a problem I should try to address? Would Vantec fans cool the case a little more? I won't do water for fear of really messing up my system with a lead or something. THis is supposed to be a very good, cool case, I think; is it performing the way it's supposed to?

Some advice here would be much appreciated!

Update:

Okay. I've actually moved the computer from what would be considered the hot corner of the room, and it has cooled pretty far. The card is now idling at about 63 degrees... ambient temperature is about 46..

Still wondering about fans, though. Is it worth sticking new ones in? I think the ones that came with the case are pretty good.

Edited by sehender1

Hey, i had a 6800GT by bfg a while back, and i had very similar temps. I think the fans on it are underpowered, so getting a slot fan would probably help. Another idea is to get an arctic silencer. Those push a lot of air :-P

If you dont have a fan on your side pannel, i highly recommend you do a side pannel mod lol

A fan on the side pannel is usually directly in front of the Video card, so with a fan there your temps will definitely go down ;)