Sign in to follow this  
CoolMaster

I Wonder When The World Will Run Out Of Silicon

when it does.....no more comps :(

i wonder when they world will run out of it

arent we on like getting close to running out, maybe i just randomly read that somewhere tho lol

are you posting a billion questions today for fun? you should finsh one before starting 10 others

Silicon is the second most abundant element on earth, right next to oxygen. We're not going to run out. go to the beach and look at the sand...1/3 of all the atoms there are silicon ;)

Silicon is the chemical element in the periodic table that has the symbol Si and atomic number 14. A tetravalent metalloid, silicon is less reactive than its chemical analog carbon. It is the second most abundant element in the Earth's crust, making up 25.7% of it by weight. It occurs in clay, feldspar, granite, quartz and sand, mainly in the form of silicon dioxide (also known as silica) and silicates (compounds containing silicon, oxygen and metals). Silicon is the principal component of glass.

So don't worry. .....LOL

Si02 is a compound that is able to form strong network solids, quartz and sand. Just like carbon, if it forms a network solid, is a diamond.

lol yea, I have seen a few girls with enough silicon for hundred's of computers. hahahahaha :lol: