Sign in to follow this  
mynameissmily

Out Of These 3 Which One?

I'm thinking which one out these 3 and how much differences between them. (not in about a yera and a half will be updating from 3200+ 939 AMD, 1gb 3200 cosairs, 6600GT)

http://www.altech.com.au/products/showProd...me=Motherboards

1.ABIT AV8 Athlon64/64FX S939 Motherboard, VIA K8T800 PRO, 1GHz FSB, Dual DDR400, AGP 8X, SATA RAID, GbE LAN, IEEE1394, 6Ch Audio, SPDIF,

I've heard good things about the 3rd eye, but none of those are outstanding boards. I'd grab a neo2plat, or, if you know how to solder, the 9nda3+. They both rock. If you want agp, the nf3 chipset is the way to go ;)(even if it is made by nvidia :P)

They all suck! They have via chipsets lol. I haven't seen a good A64 board with a via chipset yet. :)

I have the AX8 and I love it. You guys can slam via all you want, but I'm running 250htt 1:1 with my 3200+ winnie on the ax8, stock voltage on the NB. I'd definately recommend it to anyone.

PT880, PT890, K8T800 Pro, and K8T890 all have them. The one on K8T800 pro was kinda flaky, but the one on K8T890 works fine.

Thanks for your opinions. I guess you'll rule out the Gigabyte K8VT800PRO VIA KT800 1600FSB. Why do VIA chipsets are bad BTW? Oh yes and most of the boards you reccomended are strechting my budget.

EDIT: NEW! ABIT AN8 Motherboard - nForce4, 2GHz FSB, Dual DDR400, PCI-E, SATA 150 RAID, GbE LAN, Firewall, IEEE1394, USB2.0, 6Ch,

Edited by mynameissmily

if you can afford it, go DFI LanParty with NF4 Ultra-D, you wont regret it.

VIA hasn't shown itself to be a good contender amoung the geek community, and untill they start showing themselves worthy they arn't going to either, I don't want a VIA chipset either. At one time VIA I think had the market corned on the 754 scene, but once the NF3 came out VIA was crushed.

ATI is trying to get into the chipset game, but having a worse time of it over VIA.

I think the main reason is the name, NVIDIA is big, they corner the market on chipsets, cause they make great chipsets. However when it comes to the video card scene, ATI has shown themselves good at making good video cards, thus stopping NVIDIA from corning the market there.

I would prefer to see and buy a DFI SiS M/B and chipset but I highly doubt I will ever see it. SiS has made a name for themselves amoung geeks for making good chipsets except it lacks a few features, and the M/B's they come on suck.

Thanks for your suggestion... lol, 'geek ccommunity' XD

http://www.scorptec.com.au/index.php?action=search

I could only afford the one for 300 and that's strecthing my budget a bit but its only like 60 more than the oone I originally wanted and basically all I'll have to do is chuck out the soundcard I wanted and 'voula'

BTW I'm getting a

3200+ AMD 939, 1gb Dual Cosairs 2x512 3200, 120gb seagate HDD and a Gigabyte 6600GT.

I would also want to upgrade my PC in about a year and a half from when I get it to get the sort of... 'up to date' gear. Will that do fine?

They all suck! They have via chipsets lol. I haven't seen a good A64 board with a via chipset yet. :)

457818[/snapback]

I dont like Via chipsets either.

My Sis 755 chipset in my EliteComp.Systems motherboard blows everything away imo. :P Maybe I just like it because it is a shiny purple... Maybe it is because AMD kicks arse. It is better than Via, thats FOR SURE.... :bah: