Sign in to follow this  
Compnub

Takes A Long Time...

Hey people...Here is the story. One of the PC's in my house was booting really fast (two times for the little blue bar thing) And it started doing that after i put a new HDD in it. Another PC was booting really slowly (like 6 - 11 times for the little blue bar thing) The HDD on that PC was almost full so i switched with the new HDD. Besides getting more space...i expected for my boot times to be faster than before, but they arent :( I put the old HDD back in the other PC and got windows installed...now that PC is STILL getting fast boot times. Wth?!

Fast booting PC specs...

ASUS P4BP MX

Celeron 1.7 GHz

512 MB Ram

Crappy PSU

slow booting PC specs...

ASUS P4P800 SE

Pentium 4 3.2c @ 3.81

2 x 512 PDP PC3200 Ram

120 gig Seagate HDD

Aspire 500W PSU

Liquid cooled

Anyone have any idea what the problem is???

Thanks in advance. Oh yeah...sorry if this is in the wrong place

UH well I don't see your profile buttt, My boot up is randomly slow, I dunnue why, could be PSU related or maybe, in fact I really dunnu. Lol, Just thought I would post cause I like stars.

cause I like stars.

454216[/snapback]

Well...i like fast booting times. So does anyone else have some advice for me???

Dunnu, Dry the obivious stuff, Virus scans, Spyware Scans, Defraging, Disk clean up, try turning off some useless start up programs.

I dunnu sometimes, the statement (it is the way it is just because it is) is true.

My computer boots slow sometimes to. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I get what you are saying, it's not a software issue because you are utilising the same hard disk, in that case I would go into the "slow" system BIOS and make sure any fast booting options are enabled and that the HDD is the first boot device it is looking for AND that it names the type of hard drive (ie it has detected it) you are booting it with, if all is well but it still boots slowly make sure the ram is acting correctly, for example, that it is set at the lowest possible latencies etc.

well ive reinstall my xp with some pirated sp2 to test this yes JUST FOR THIS and the boot takes longer like 5,

on the other xp installs it took 2!! so the lesson i guess is it depends wat xp cd u use.