Briefcase Updates!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it gets even cooler everytime I see it lol

457078[/snapback]

lol, I guess it's kind of 'finishing touch' time. Good thing is it seems that I don't have to worry about it getting hot, and it's still quiet!! :D Anyway, here's that bar sprayed black, not so noticable anymore!

Tomorrow I should have a skull and crossbones fan grill to put on there, considering spraying that black too. It's gonna be a mission mounting that on there without turning off the computer! So, if there's no replies after this I will just edit this post with another picture of the fan grill :)

Looks good markie! You have done a great job. The only thing I see wrong is that the LCD display is a little crooked because the whole wasn't cut straight, but other than that it looks great.

Your mod score in my book: 8 out of 10

:D

I noticed that too :( .. the photo really brings it out it seems. dang!! That could just be a bad sanding down on the inside. The LCD isn't actually screwed in, it's just held in by force cause the hole is like.. perfect fit.

DUDE! There's NO way you're getting me to go shopping with her just so I can get some black spray paint. Nah ah. No sir. I would be walking around pointless shops for HOURS (slight underexaggeration, DAYS)

:)!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, the power supply fan keeps making a stupid noise, think it's hitting some wires inside or something... have to keep hitting it to make it shut up :( Probably have to shut down mr server tomorrow and open the PSU to take a look at that one. GRR!

EDIT: Just shut it down now for about 5 mins, unscrewed the PSU and no wires could possibly get in the way, so it must be the actual fan. dang. Gonna have to get me a new 80mm fan to stick in there then! dang wires are soldered to the PCB too..

456809[/snapback]

get some oil on the fan bearings. and pray that it's not a sleeve bearing fan cos they are sh

I noticed that too :( .. the photo really brings it out it seems. dang!! That could just be a bad sanding down on the inside. The LCD isn't actually screwed in, it's just held in by force cause the hole is like.. perfect fit.

457102[/snapback]

if it is a perfect fit then don't go trying to fix it because then you would have to expand the cut slightly then it wouldn't be a perfect fit anymore. :)

if it is a perfect fit then don't go trying to fix it because then you would have to expand the cut slightly then it wouldn't be a perfect fit anymore. :)

457114[/snapback]

Well, if it starts annoying me then I might sand it down to make it straight, I could just glue (super strong putty stuff I got) some nuts on the inside and bolt it down, like it was in the drive bay before this... but it don't look quite as bad as in the picture anyway :) It's probly only like.. half a degree slant!

But 8/10 still aint bad for a first DIY case, thanks! :D

EDIT: Fan guard ;) Thinking about cutting a hole for the original fan position and putting an identical fan guard there too, even if there aint a fan.. Looks a bit odd with a blank spot over to the right if you ask me

post-73593-12884140055681_thumb.jpg

take that into the airport and they might mistake that for a bomb

LOL

woo! niice! :D

ps: markie, where did you get that lcd screen? what does it display, can it display temps, and how much

take that into the airport and they might mistake that for a bomb

LOL

woo! niice! :D

ps: markie, where did you get that lcd screen? what does it display, can it display temps, and how much

458441[/snapback]

lol

Got it from ebay, but I am in the UK. It'll display anything you want, with the right software. On my other LCD display it's on Windows, I use CrystalControl... that'll interface with MBM, Winamp, FRAPS.. all sorts. That machine is running FreeBSD and LCDProc, which is quite limited, although if you're a programmer it has an network interface so you can write your own clients to display whatever.