Are You Still Using Internet Exploiter?!?

fastvfr

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some malicious programs will install regardless what you pick, and others install silently.

As for 64bit FF: Have you tried to use 32bit? 32bit works just fine on my 64bit WinXP just as well as it does with 32bit WinXP.

I use firefox all the time execpt for windows updates,I have no spyware removal tool on my machine running in the backround and have gotten no spyware with the ff, on the other hand with IE, If i even get up to take a crap, there will be spyware when i gome back. Have those of you in the corporate world heard of flashdrives and then cleaning the registry when done, or just install to the flash drive, and use run it from that when you want to go online, like have nothing on windows at all?

Firefox is great. Firefox and Opera are basically the only two browers I need. If I ever come accross a site that requires me to use IE, I just don't bother entering the site. haha. IE is not worth using. Plus, I could care less for the IE 7 that is coming out. I'm sticking with Firefox.

Also, the only reason Mircrosoft owns 80 to 85% is because most people are either too lazy to download another browser or they just don't care. I think it has a lot to do with the lack of knowledge in computers. Most of us know how to use a PC beyond the basics. hehe. And I am sure most of us use either Firefox, Mozilla or Opera. I'm sure of it.

I use firefox all the time execpt for windows updates,I have no spyware removal tool on my machine running in the backround and have gotten no spyware with the ff, on the other hand with IE, If i even get up to take a crap, there will be spyware when i gome back. Have those of you in the corporate world heard of flashdrives and then cleaning the registry when done, or just install to the flash drive, and use run it from that when you want to go online, like have nothing on windows at all?

452867[/snapback]

Sure, we've heard of flash drives. I even own and use one. Funny thing is, that flash drive gets scanned just like any other drive on your machine. If it's a drive connected to the machine, the corporate scanning software will see it and scan it - it doesn't care if it's a HDD, floppy, flash or whatever.

I assume you are using my current favorite browser--Opera. ;)

Opera is the best in my opinion; I do wish it had the ease of adding searches in the way Firefox can.

452830[/snapback]

Is there anything else besides Opera? No, I didn't think so. :P

Have you checked out the Opera search editor? Or you could edit the search.ini by hand, which I've become a master at. :lol:

I'm confused by people that say they prefer IE to Firefox or Opera just because they "couldn't get used to" the other browsers. What was there to get used to? I'm just wondering what IE offers that Firefox and Opera don't.

I still usee IE 95% of the time and yes I know it is probably the least secure broweser out there right now. But I like living on the edge. :P I honestly don't know what it is people do that they get loaded up with spyware... Of course, I am behind two firewalls, run symantec corporate, and have 4 anti-spyware progs on this machine which I run regularly... I don't click on weird links and basically just pay attention to what is going on with my system. If I need to go to a site that looks suspicious, I'll open it in another browser, usually Opera, but I do have FF too. As for why I still prefer IE, is that on my machine it loads A LOT faster, especially the first time. Hopefully the others will improve, then maybe I'll switch. Until then....

Ok guys, flame away!