Are You Still Using Internet Exploiter?!?

fastvfr

Guest Flashstar
Never had a security issue with it either, and beta 7 is/will be out soon and it promises to be more secure, so I'll stick with it until a compelling reason to change comes along.

You still use IE, and you are a member of this site! Thats crazy gravy!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could release a trojan I packed myself(1 h4\/3 t3h 5k1llz 2) and promise it's safe...

Gravy, seriously, IE is rarely safe. I wouldn't be surprised if you also believe that Ad-Aware 6.0 comes with spyware, as it never seems to be able to remove it all... they should add an extension which deletes IE.

I use IE, tried Firefox, I personally don't care for the tabbed browsing, never has been a problem for me to switch between open windows using the alt-tab method, it's fast.

Never had a security issue with it either, and beta 7 is/will be out soon and it promises to be more secure, so I'll stick with it until a compelling reason to change comes along.

451541[/snapback]

who said its permantly tabbed browsing? i have mine open new windows

The only time when I use I.E. is to do Windows Updates. Other then that, its FireFox 99% percent of the time.

well i use firefox for most of my stuff, opera to run surfjunky... and Ie for things that firefox cant handle...

but i still recommend firefox to a lot of friends

FF pwns

Most of us here are savvy enough to have switched to a Mozilla product or MyIE2 years ago and we converted most of our friends and relatives away from IE in the years since then.

However, polls show that from 80% to 85% of people still use IE to surf the web...and that is just plain dumb.

451012[/snapback]

Or perhaps you work in a corporate environment where IE is the standard, where they scan all computers daily looking for illegal (non-approved) apps and where they consider Firefox to be an unauthorized piece of software. It may be 'dumb' to you, but it's a fact of life for a lot of people out in the real world.

Work is the same way for me... daily scans looking for unauthorized software. :/ Since the US DOE has a contract in place with Microsoft, we cannot use anything else...

However, at home you'll never see me using IE, nor will you ever see me using FF. ;)

However, at home you'll never see me using IE, nor will you ever see me using FF.

452643[/snapback]

I assume you are using my current favorite browser--Opera. ;)

Opera is the best in my opinion; I do wish it had the ease of adding searches in the way Firefox can.