My Future Sound System For My Future Car

FunkyMonkey

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm kicker has other subs to..... i would seriously go kicker.... my friends older bro's friends only use kicker and they sound so so good. with kicker you can just get 1 sub and 1 amp ^_^

umm kicker has other subs to..... i would seriously go kicker.... my friends older bro's friends only use kicker and they sound so so good. with kicker you can just get 1 sub and 1 amp ^_^

451653[/snapback]

im sure 1 sub would be adequate but i just like the look of 2 subs

everything you have read here is by far utter BS and CRAP and LIES! all those recommended subs/amps SUCK.. i will direct you towards the only subs worthy of buying the Kicker Solo Baric L5's http://www.kicker.com/05/05kicker.html

my friend just went into a sound competition last saturday... he won 1st in his class... ... he has 3 12" Kicker Solo Baric L5's (600 watts continues, 1200 watt peak each) and these subs are square.. they push more air and are BETTER than rounded amps and have it patented that if anyone else makes a square sub.. theyre gonna face some charges.. oh well anyways... he has a Kicker 1200-1 amp with 3 600w solo barics (meaning his subs are actually underpowered) well he was pushed up into a class of bigger and more subs.. because he had square subs and not rounded ones (THATS BS!) he was facing people who had upwards of 4 and 6 15" subs and was TOTALLY whooping their butt.. he was over them by almost 10 decibles... my friend pumped out 149.1 decibles....(and remember these subs are underpowered only running 1200 watts when the 3 subs combined need 1800) he won 1st in class amongst people who have more and larger subs than he has (he was dang proud) and he was 1/10th of a decible from winning Best in Show the winner was a pro sponsored competitor who ran 149.2 decibles... my friend is a first timer and this guy was a old guy who has been there many years.... he didnt know what kinda subs the guy had that beat him.. but it was dang close) hes got them in a custom made ported box with a FULLY DYNAMATTED '94 jeep grand cherokee. oh and he has Stinger 1/0 gauge speaker wire (almost an inch thick... top of the line crap.. cost him several hundred $$$ just for the wires) http://stingerelectronics.com/web/prods/wiring_kits.asp

i love riding in his jeep with these things.. OMG its so loud and it feels soo nice... it has very clean, rich, bold and deep sound.. the bass will kick your butt

t

hese are only the L5's... there are L7's and the mighty Solo-X (this single sub only uses 5000w continuous power and up to 10,000watt peak) if you dont believe me.. look at kickers site... the sub itself weighs about 100 pounds and comes in 12" 15" and 18" sizes... an 18" 5000 watt solo-x is one massive beast!!!! it takes some mighty alternators and betteries and amps to run that... with my friends amp.. he would need about 4 or 5 of his 1200-1 amps just to run ONE of those Solo-X's that would by far beat any speakers butt out there!!!!

my friend knows what he is talking about.. and firmly states that Kicker and JL are the only great subs out there.. all the rest suck

451612[/snapback]

Ill put money on that my friends system will blow him out of the water. All i Can say is that he has like a 2 or 3 thousand watt amp made by Mcintosh, its like a $3000 amp or something and it is connected to the craziest cerwin vega 15 i have ever seen, his car is loud but not even close to as loud when he had 3 10s he has trophys from that, lots and lots of trophys. I think it was around 170-175 db or something. crazy. ur friend sounds like he has a crazy system. A friend I had in high school had 3 Kicker 15s (square ones) with like 3,000 watts to them. he got like 3 tickets in a week.

Edited by jkdmaster

I like Kickers stuff as well, I just think Infinity sounds cleaner for an overall better sound system that lets you enjoy MUSIC not BASS. If you just want to thump around like some ghetto-thug wannabe than Kicker would be more up your alley than Infinity.

Edited by Nagash

I like Kickers stuff as well, I just think Infinity sounds cleaner for an overall better sound system that lets you enjoy MUSIC not BASS.  If you just want to  thump around like some ghetto-thug wannabe than Kicker would be more up your alley than Infinity.

451934[/snapback]

ya thats exactly what i'm going for

loud and clear

if only shops here have websites

going to every shop is very annoying

You're gonna get two 1200 watts subs and use that amp? That's seriously underpowered

451991[/snapback]

lol no

1232w is just the model number, but it peaks at 1200w

it recommands 300w, thats the RMS

Edited by FunkyMonkey

I would make a decent post if I had time...I don't have time, so all I can recommend is that you head over to www.caraudioforum.com and ask questions in the general section. There are plenty of people over there who actually know what they are talking about (not trying to insult anyone in this thread, but most of the stuff posted here is utter BS). :typing: