Sign in to follow this  
UkJenT

About An Xp System I Am Going To Build

K,

haha, before you begin to suggest that I should build a Athlon 64 system, I am already in the process of getting the parts for my Athlon 64system. This XP system is for my sisters. Though they will be doing basic things, like surfing the net, email, listening to music and chatting, I was wondering if you think this system would be good for the following games as well: Diablo II EXP, WoW, Warcraft III, and especially Command and Conquer Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenege. I own an eMachines system, I know, I know, what a crappy PC. lol, But let's stay focused here. hehe. Plus, the CPU on that PC is a Celeron 2.4GHz w/ 512MB and 80GB HDD.

I am sure my sisters' system will be better than the Celeron system. I bought that PC like 2 years ago and it plays all of the games above w/ ease. I'd be pissed if this XP system can't even do that, but I was wondering what you all think. hehe, and just to let you know. This system and my system are the first two AMD systems I wil be using. I hope AMD is a great chip and wil do great. hehe. Well, i just want to know if you think this system will be able to play and handle the games stated w/ ease.

XP System

RaidMax Case 48.99

AMD XP 3000- Barton 112

ASRock mobo 45.99

Lite-On CD-ROM/DVD/CD-R+RW 36.99

Sony Floppy Drive 8.99

Maxtor 120GB 83.50

Corsair 54.00

Antec 350 53.00

Give the celeron to your sisters. that computer your building is not a 64 bit chip but the chip u chose will be able to run those programs with ease with not a problem. right now i got a xp-3000 oc to a xp 3200 speeds and it crushes with the vid card ati 9800 pro 256 i have. and im waiting on my new 64 bit amd 3500 proccessor for my new rig im building and that is going to crush harder. =)

Edited by =NOVA=

there is some debate to this,but the majority of people agree that AMD has best architexture for gaming and intel is best for math. My 2500 is Overclocked to3200+ speeds, and it handles doom3 and half-life2 with ease, what vidio card are you getting with that machine? because that is your only real problem.

I would suggest getting a better motherboard. I am not a particular fan of ASRock motherboards and you don't really want to use the onboard video for gaming anyways.

That Asrock board is fine for your sisters needs, (Asrock tend to pass over o'c'ing abilities in favour of stability especially in their $40 products), though I would ditch the o/board graphics for a cheap standalone card even though the games you mention are not particuarly demanding, the o/board graphics are very poor, even a lowly gfx 5200 or radeon 9200 will be significantly better.

there is some debate to this,but the majority of people agree that AMD has best architexture for gaming and intel is best for math.

Hehe, with computers, its all math. :P