Sign in to follow this  
thef1re

Is My Psu Playingup?

Ive got this OMNI 400w for 2 years now. I guess OMNI is a gerenic brand? Anyway, ive set my CPU at 1.525v. Well this is the stock vcore. But in CPUZ, it shows my vcore as 1.472v. Whats up here? Is CPU-Z reading wrong? Or is my PSU getting old and loosing its power? Ive set my vdimm to 2.8v, but i feeling that its not 2.8 and thats y i cant o/c that far.

Yet i dont want to raise my voltages for both hardware assuming that 3.0voltages would come out as 2.8v whne in the end my cpuz reading are bad and i end up with fried hardware!

So whats the problem? I chnaged my vcore to 1.55v but cpuz and my BIOS (PC HEALTH STATUS) shows 1.50v even though in the BIOS i set 1.55v. So i assume my PSU is crap or somthings is not giving out the power right. Can i assume that my PSU is crap and that if i set 1.7vcore in bios, it'll just be @ 1.6 vcore?

Edited by thef1re

Software monitoring programs (BIOS included too) are only as good as the onboard sensor chip, which varies too widely in quality. The first step you should do is measure your voltage rails with a digital multimeter first before you assume your PSU isn't up to the task of powering your system.