6800 Gt Or Ultra

g_bones

Hey guys. As the title says, I'm debating on whethor to get a 6800 GT or Ultra. I need an agp card, and had decided on the BFG for $399 from Best Buy, but just came across this a second ago on newegg: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-130-196&depa=1

That looks like an awesome deal. It would actually come out cheaper. That tends to make me a little suspicious. I have heard good things about EVGA, but want to make sure this card is good. Is there anything wrong with it besides a lack of a game bundle that would make is so much cheaper than the other Ultra's?

Bleh, i just bought my 6800GT for 369.99 this christmas -.-

Companies such as eVGA and PNY (which are essentially the same) take the stock models and sell them. Other companies like BGF and ASUS tend to make other modifications to the cards in terms of performance.

Also, i think newegg is taking the chance of people not turning in their Mail In Rebates. I know that I have a problem with that ;) But still, 419.00 for a 6800Ultra is a deal. Remember to use that rebate ;)

I'd def get the 6800U. With my 6800GT I had, it was kind of hard to keep it stable past 400/1.2, and the Ultra is stock @ 400/1.1 and it has better cooling. So no doubt, get the ultra, you wont regret it.

Bleh, i just bought my 6800GT for 369.99 this christmas -.-

Companies such as eVGA and PNY (which are essentially the same) take the stock models and sell them.  Other companies like BGF and ASUS tend to make other modifications to the cards in terms of performance.

Also, i think newegg is taking the chance of people not turning in their Mail In Rebates.  I know that I have a problem with that ;)  But still, 419.00 for a 6800Ultra is a deal.  Remember to use that rebate ;)

443603[/snapback]

eVGA Ultras come at 425/1100, just like the BFG 6800U OC. They all use the stock reference cooler - which isn't that bad really. Just needs a little AS5.

Yeah, I get it that the Ultra is better. My real question is: Why is this one so cheap? Is there something wrong with the card? or should I just shut up and order?

443575[/snapback]

the reason the Ultra at newegg is cheaper than the GT at BestBuy is because bestbuy was charging more for its cards.

newegg retail 6800GT's start at $339 (pluss $5 shipping)

BFG's cost more though. newegg is out of BFG 6800GT cards and doesn't have an ETA for it, but it was $419.50 (plus $6 shipping) but it also included DOOM3, so that was still a better deal than BestBuy's http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-143-022&depa=1

shutting up and ordering doesn't sound like a bad idea :P