How Did You First Find Out About Google?

d3bruts1d

How Did You First Find Out About Google?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You First Find Out About Google?

• OverclockersClub.com
    • Another Web Site
    • USENET or Newsgroup Post
    • Chat Room or IRC Channel
    • News or Newspaper Article
    • Teacher or Professor
    • Friend or Family Member
    • Other
    • What's Google?
    • Don't Remember

This weeks poll was submitted by littleaznkid. :)

Pretty simple poll this week, and once again we find ourselves talking about Google. How did you first find out about Google?

I don't remember exactly, but I seem to recall hearing about it in an IRC Channel on Undernet... though it could have been one of my friends there telling me about it. I do remember that it was still in beta at the time, and was already blowing away Altavista.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I think my school janator told me about it back in the day when I was in 8th grade. Than I experenced love at first sight, and said bye to altavista :P

Edited by Duff Man

Don't exactly remember, but I do remember that I used to be an Altavista user. Never used Yahoo too much back then, and I still don't (besides email)

i almost definitely remember hearinbg about it on some news article or something. Don't remember where, but I was a AV user before, and this blew it away. Later I remember hearing that HotBot was supposed to be better...it wasn't....it wasn't even good. Anyhoo, google is pretty much all i've ever used since i found it.