Best Thermal Paste Ever

bigr5026

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, apologies for the crappy picture... webcam :) I'll take a picture of the 22g tube against a CD later so you can compare lol

So what's your temps like with both then? AS5 = xxC load and cheapo = xxC load?

i wonder if other liquid substance can do better... like mayo or ketchup, or car oil. =D can someone try this.

anyways nice job on the temps. i guess is the same. maybe ur HS was not put in properly. anyways, i bet that thing is going to melt off and you wont have any paste on there. =D

gravy, is that doom 3 disk legit?

441844[/snapback]

of course, i backup every game i have, it was just the top disc on the spindle next to me i put there for comparison

"Arctic Silver estimates that users of Arctic Silver 5 will experience a loss of 3-12 degrees Celsius, as opposed to Arctic Silver Ceramique's 2-10 degree loss. "

Source

1-2 degrees......not worth the hassle and risk in my opinion

I wonder why AS's hypothesis has not been borne out too well in real life?

I get cooler temps with Ceramique, and so does everyone I know and so have all the reviewers I have seen.

And it certainly isn't because Ceramique is easier to spread or anything!! This stuff is like cold peanut butter...

BTW, it is mineral oil that can be used in a pinch as a TIM...I have done so on several occasions on older POS machines that needed the old TIM cleaned and nothing better was handy. That was a long time ago, however...back when I still used AS3, in fact. :P

I never tried ketchup. Maybe someone ought to do a review!!!

"AS5 vs. Ceramique vs. Heinz....."