Official World of Warcraft (WoW) Discussion Thread

d3bruts1d

Kills have little to do with it. It's contribution points, which is based off of the damage you do during a fight. You can group with someone and not do anything and end up with kills.

I have over 300 kills, yet out of that only about 5-10 were people that I actually killed.

Contribution points determine your rank, which determines what items you can buy.

I've not been to STV yet, but Wetlands, Arathi, and Hillsbread are pretty much just PvP zones now. I hear that Booty Bay is a bit safer now.

Personally, I kind of wish that they had added Battlegrounds before they did the Honor System. Who knows when they'll be out. :/ Last I checked the test server, Battlegrounds still wasn't there. :(

While I've having fun PvP'ing at level 60, I do think Blizzard could have done a better job. They need the dishonor in the system to mean something.

If it had been me, I would have done something like:

Honor:

- Kill someone when you were attacked first. Regardless of their level.

- Kill someone higher level than you.

- Kill someone 5 levels below you.

Dishonor:

- Kill someone lower level than you. - 6 levels or more.

- Kill someone just logging into the game or out of an instance.

- Kill someone just landing from a Gryff.

- Kill someone engaged by a mob.

Then make the dishonor mean something... i.e. spells miscast, armor/weapons decay, prices go up, lose rank, etc.

Something like that is how I would have done it. Seams better IMO.

I'm going to be working on my mage more now. After last night's fighting in Arathi, being anything other than a caster is pretty pointless. Lag is just so bad, that a warrior cannot do anything. And all the mages do is stand back an AoE. It's ridicules.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you sure only highest 5 people on server get good stuff? because that would be pretty pointless if they made a patch that benefited a very small portion of the players. i am just wondering how many points it takes to get the different ranks.

I've never seen anything that said only the "top 5" get the best stuff.... but it does say, The highest rank of 14, for example, will only be occupied by the top 0.1 percent of players (one in every one-thousand characters). That statement was made in this article.

was wondering if anyone plays on Shadowsong (non PVP)...

IIxNullxII and I have a guild called Righteousness Reborn ( in honor of our former imperial guild on SWG called Malice Reborn ) so if you play on Shadowsong, give a shout out. I'd love to play with fellow OCC members.

Also I plan on working on the stockades (never got around to it after 30 levels) and would like some help. Again if you play on shadowsong and wanna fight along side another OCC member send a whisper to Keris lvl 30 warrior.

--\/@eLen2oo1

Ahhh, the Stockades, probably one of the nicer instances, mainly due to the small size of the place..... and in contrast, one of the worst would be Gnomeregan.... supposedly a "low level" instance, but with the sheer number of mobs in there it makes it a hellish instance to complete.

Provinding you are over 41

Stockades = Worst instance in terms of good drops

Gnomer = Goldmine (for enchanting purposes anyway)

At lower levels i thought both those places sucked, so i avoided them as much as i could

SM is good for repeating. Gnomeregan = a painful waste of time as far as I'm concerned. Though I suppose Wailing Caverns is of equal size, so it makes them both ridiculously huge for low level instances.

Gnomeregan (sp) sux. So far the funnest for me (although I was kind of low level) was SM.

My undead mage is level 36 now and Im saving for a mount but I only have 20g, so I'm pretty much screwed. I just cant make money as quickly as I need to to have a mount by level 40 :( Any tips?