I Need Help On Which Videocard I Should Buy

UkJenT

Hello my fellow OOC pals, hehe :P

Well, I am not so much a hardcore gamer during the school year, but I love to game as much as I can during the summer time, and at times, during the weekend. I would like to be recommended a really good PCI-E Video Card. I don't need the a top of the line V. Card, but I'd like a better than decent one. One that will make the graphics on World of Warcraft, WarCraft III, Diablo II Exp, Sim's, and other newly games look so sweet. I also like to watch DvDs on my PC at times. My mobo doesn't have a AGP slot, only 2 PCI-e slots. My Price range is between 250 to 500. You can go slightly over 500 if needed, but I'd like one within that range if possible. Thanks for your help.

Thermaltake Black Highest Xaser III 111.35

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum. 151.00

AMD 64 3200 @ 2.0GHz 191.00

Lite-On CD-DVD ROM 62.99

Sony Floppy Drive 8.99

ATI Radeon X800XL 272.89

Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition 116.99

2 WD Raptor 74GB 10000RPM

2 Maxtor 300GB 16MB 7200RPM 193.69

G.Skill 1GB PC-4400 LE 279.99

Enermax Noisetaker 470-Watt 110.99

7 Fans

Edited by UkJenT

Guest Flashstar

Umm, well I recommend buying the Radeon x850 XT, this card sells for about $460 and is near the top of the line at the moment. If you would like to get a cheaper, but still fast card, I would buy the x800 xl if I were you, this graphics card on the other hand, is worth about $350. You could get the Nvidia 6800gt for $380 as well. But, honestly if you are only playing games like the Sims and Warcraft, I would advise you to get an x700 pro or something of that nature, because spending over $300 on a grahics card which will be playing the Sims is a bit of overkill ;) .

EDIT: The most expensive gaming graphics card that I have seen is under $500.

Edited by Flashstar

hey bigr,

that processor is a 754, and he's using a 939 board. that's a no go! besides, the newcastle cores have slightly higher clock speeds, but the winchesters seem to outperform their newcastle counterparts.

I've decided to go witht the X800XL one.

I'd like to know what you all think.

435820[/snapback]

My brother has one in his new rig, it outbenches my 6800GT in Aquamark3 and 3DMark 2001, and comes close on 03 and 05. It seems like a great deal and a great card.

And yeah, don't get a s754 proc. for a s939 rig.

actually, if you got any retail stores near where you live such as compusa, i'd check those out first because they have BBA X800XLs for 300 dollars. The E-Tailers are jacking up the price from the MSRP