Omgzorz, I Just Joined

Coolzero101

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's one of my posts from about a year ago......

So I'm getting a new mobo real soon so I can start ocing. My cpu is a p4 2.4c, and I've got pc3200. So if I've got this figured correctly, if my target oc is 250 fsb I will have to run cpu:mem at 5:4. Is there any performance loss from running with the divider? Can't splurge for any pc3500-4000 or anything like that right now. Thanks.

172135[/snapback]

Stacked, I have the same mobo Area51 does, and MBM5 doesn't have DFI's board listed. However, the driver cd the mobo came with has a monitoring program that you can use to monitor temps. As for Sandra reporting such a low temp, I found that it was actually reading the sensor for the case temp rather than the CPU temp. When you use some of the other modules in Sandra, it'll tell u that ur case temp is much higher than your cpu temp. Compare these numbers to the DFI monitoring program, and it'll be the other way around, or close enough to it.

BTW, the Kool and Quiet thing is pretty much a thermal throttling option. If you want to OC, then you want this option turned OFF. It'll force your CPU to slow down if it gets past a certain temp (i think ~50C)

374980[/snapback]

Nice, I didn't start off sounding like a dumb noob. :D

---POWMAX Blue Cold Cathode Light with Sound Sensitive Card Lamp Kit, Model "CALIBS01"

PRO SOURCE Koala (Silver/Black) Mid-Tower Case with 350W Power Supply, Front Panel Auto-Changing Neon Lights & Side Panel Window, Model "508U-BS-WF" -RETAIL

Galaxy Led 80 x 80 x 25 mm Ball Bearing Fan W/4PCS LED, Model "CF8MCLED4B" -RETAIL

UNINCOM ROUND, 18-Inch, UV Clear Tube/Green Floppy drive cable, Booted, 2-Connector ( GREEN ), Single-device -RETAIL

Unincom ROUND, 18-Inch, True ATA133/100/66/33 ( UV GREEN ) IDE Cable, 3-Head, 18 Inches

DFI nForce2 400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU, Model "NFII 400-AL" -RETAIL

Albatron nVIDIA GeForce FX5500 Video Card, 256MB DDR, 128-bit, DVI/TV Out, 8X AGP, Model "FX5500Q" -RETAIL

AMD Athlon XP 2600+ "Barton", 333MHz FSB, 512K Cache Processor - Retail

Geil Ultra Series Value Dual Channel 184 Pin 512MB(256MBx2) DDR PC-3200 w/ Blue Heatspreader - Retail

Western Digital 40GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model WD400JB, OEM Drive only

SONY Beige 52x32x52 IDE Internal CD-RW Drive, Model CRX230E, OEM

ASUS Silver 52X CD-ROM DRIVE, Model CD-S520, Retail

This is all from newegg.com is this comp good? It is under 600 bucks. any recomendations?

Thanks

-Mud

April 14 2004 :)

Here's one of my posts from about a year ago......

435732[/snapback]

cause it would take forever to find your first post, lol. remember when you changed your name from r target to r_target.i bet you do! im just messing with ya, i can't remember you saying anything insanely n00bish when you first joined (but who knows :P )

edit: wow, i became curious to see what my first posts looked like (was maybe expecting a hint of n00b in them but dang, i wasn't close to n00b back then, lol. after looking at my first post i remembered how long it took me to write it and how much i didn't want to type the whole thing over again! (got into copying my text before i previewed so i wouldn't have to go through that again <_< ) i became very glad when i could preview and go back without losing my text :D

heres my first post

odea1226. i've got the same setup as you

ok... i went to preview what i said and then clicked back and my message was gone :(

i really don't feel like retyping all of that, but it was very useful. i'll just briefly sum up what i said and if ya want more details just ask.

In Bios leave the multiplier set to AUTO

i'll tell ya why later if ya wanna know. just trying to be very brief right now

I got FSB to 147Mhz without increase in Vcore, but to get to 148Mhz had to set Vcore in bios to 1.70

Memory capabilities play a role too! Mine comp wouldn't start up if my memory settings for my Kingston HyperX DDR 3000 (370Mhz) were set above 185Mhz with the memory timings at 2 2 2 6. It was not capable of keeping a CAS latency of 2 at speeds above that and would fail to start when ever the speed was above 187Mhz (374Mhz DDR). So i guess Kingston tested their CAS2 to the limit when they sold it at that speed when a CAS of 2. anything above that and i guess i'll have to raise timings to 2 3 3 6 and higher as i increase memory frequency past what it said it could perform 2 2 2 at. (I'm not sure how effective raising the timings is when trying to increase stability at higher clocks. I never wan't to get to a CAS of 2.5 so i haven't tried seeing how much changing the setting will effect stability.

That is pretty much what i said. if ya want me to be more clear on something just let me know.

good luck with your system.

P.S: ha ha! i decided to copy my text before previewing this time ;)

Ok... well you can't change the multiplier in the setting even though you have the option available. (I also tried this eventually after i realized the the L1 bridges were connected. Turns out that the L1 bridges no longer control the multiple setting in AMD XP proccessors 2200+ and above. The multiple for all of the AMD proccessors past 2200+ ,so far, have this controlled in the L3 bridge.) I my comp would be able to start up after increasing the FSB, but if i ever changed the mulitplier from AUTO to anything else, my comp would always say system failed due to cpu overclocking. So basically since your cpu is not unlocked, leave the multiple setting at AUTO even though the option to change the multiple is available in the bios.

hope that helped ya out.

46284[/snapback]

Edited by Trakfast11

Hey all, first time here at these forums. Anyways, has anyone ever used the Zalman ZM80HP-C thing for your graphics card? I was going to buy it for my BFG GeForceFX 5600U to try and get better core speeds (I'm at stock speeds right now) but I was just wondering if it was worth it, being at 30 bucks. Right now, I have active cooling, but its SMALL. The zalman is passive, but it has a crap lot of surface area (heatpipe), but it will still get cooled because I have a case fan on my side panel, blowing air all over the card. So has anyone had much success with this thing?

Haha, mine wasn't as nooby as most members #14,000 and above are.

first post

check this out:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...=&threadid=1097

sounds useful. i am going to try it on my comp when I get 2 it in 2 days

288160[/snapback]

4 minutes later

:blink:

^click the paranoid-looking guy for a good dual-boot option

288162[/snapback]

i too did not start Completely n00bish. I think that i am, from this moment on, declaring myself un-n00bish! (congratulate me)

I guess the one reason I didn't start off sounding like a noob was cuz it was a long time before I actually signed up on these forums. I used to read the posts and search old topics to learn more about computers. Of course, I had already built my first and second rigs before I actually found this place, so even if I DID signup immediately after I got here, I still wouldn't have exactly been a noob :D

Haha, mine wasn't as nooby as most members #14,000 and above are.

435935[/snapback]

What!!

Hi all, I just joined the Overclockers Club, read the FAQ and lots of posts and stuff, but i can't OC my computer because its one of those pre-assembled DAEWOO computers. I cant even get rid of that annoying logo that comes up at post. I did however, overclock my PCI nVidia FX 5200. I tried many programs to increase my FSB and stuff too, but my mobo isnt supported. Can anyone suggest anything to help me? Can i overclock on this mobo?

note:im putting up my specs in my signature right now

Not that noobish :D

Even tho that was like 2 months ago... :D:D