Why I Fold Contest Or No Contest

road-runner

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wondered what folding was... as i looked into it, i find it is a very good cause [ i have lost 3 relitives to cancer] not to mention my wifes mother when she was 9.... i have a 16 port switch, and a number of old rigs, that i am dusting off....

i am new here RoadRunner but i am behind you...and happy to hear you dodged the C bullet, and heres to good blood work scores for you :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

congradulations man!!

my mom had cancer back in 97. of corse being 7 i had no idea what was going on. She beat it and has be cured for 7 years...

that really sucks about your legs though.

Hope you get well soon

-Ted

Well I have been going to Conroe Hospital for the holes in legs since 3/10/05 they took a culture and clean everything and put medicine on them and wraped my legs up to just under the knee for 1 week, I went back and they done the same thing cleaned it wrapped it up tight again, this is supposed to help force the blood back up and let the soars heal. I go back to M.D. Anderson for an MRI the 23rd and will see the doctor some time after that, they do not have a date set yet.

Edited by road-runner

Hey road, could you please explain about the holes in your legs? The white spots just look like puss. I understand about the valves not working and so on but the holes. What caused those?

:foldon:

446706[/snapback]

They said its chronic venous stasis, the blood goes down and will not go back up because of the vein valves messed up so it has to go somewhere (the holes) and they have got infected. I went through 2-10 day doses of clindomicin and it did not phase it. They took a culture from the woulds at Conroe Hospital and found out that these infections were immune or resistant to (clindomicin this is what my family doctor gave me) and me being on morphine I felt a little soar spot there on my heel but figured it was just the brand new shoes I had just got needed boke in, until the pain was getting worse and I looked a few days later. The white stuff is not puss because I tried to clean it out with Q-Tips. I didnt ask what it was and they did not tell me. I know the sores are feeling better and not hurting as much since they give me a different sulfur based anti-biotic, I can not see them, my legs they are still wrapped up, hopefully this will be the last week of wrapping and that is what the doctor said also, he also said may be the the last week but he could not promise it, it depends on how they look and heal. But from what I have read on the net once you get this vein disease you will have to where the compression socks the rest of you life (they said there is no cure for it)

Edited by road-runner