New Cooling

This is my first build, and i was trying to save money when i bought the cooling hardware. I have a pretty cheap heat sink that's done O.K. till now, but i want to upgrade my cooling so i can overclock by the way, im a noob to overclocking, so if im doing that wrong, please let me know. i overclocked it just a little bit (its a 2800+, i have it overclocked to 12.5x180, Vcore 1.65, and im hitting 48C idle, by the way, im a noob to overclocking, so if im doing that wrong, please let me know) i was wondering if this is a good product, and if this is a good price for it. i was also wondering if i needed to upgrade my power supply, because in my BIOS it says the Vcore it 1.65, but CPU-Z says 1.632 (asus probe shows all of the voltage rails underpowered by the same,

so the general concensus is on thermalright? which one should i buy (i have a 2800+ barton)?will it be good enough for overclocking? how about my power supply problem (see above post)? a a new question as well: should i upgrade my case to a better one for cooling? i went pretty cheap on that too. what would be a good case (please, not over $80-90)? i have a pretty good case fan (at least i hope its good, because it sounds like a 747 at takeoff...)

Edited by climberdude

There are alot of very good cases, it just depends on your tastes. Personally, I would get a Chieftech Dragon or a clone (a case that just has a different exterior) because they're highly modable, have plenty of room and have pretty good airflow. But there are several brands to choose from: Antec, Ultra, Thermaltake (they make decent cases) Lian-Li (the best for airflow, but expensive) Kingwin and the list goes on and on. As for the PSU, DONT SKIMP OUT. PERIOD. The PSU is THE most vital item in your computer, and if it fails, it has the potential to completly ruin everything in your computer. Try to get a PSU with at least 400 watts, 450 is recommended. The ONLY brands I would ever buy a PSU from are: OCZ, Antec, PC Power and Cooling (again, the best but VERY expensive) and Fortron Source (cheap but very reliable). These companies make great PSU's in the 400 watt and above category (some do great in lower wottages, but usually higher watt PSU's have better quality components) Now, for the cooling, you should get a Thermalright SI-97. Its light, cheap, and one of the best AMD XP coolers out right now. All you need is just a high flow 92mm fan (not that hard to find) and your load temps should drop drastically, hoping you installed it correctly (use Arctic Silver 5 as your thermal paste, that's the best stuff). Also, just for future references, only post your LOAD temps, idle temps do no good because your CPU isnt being stressed.

I wouldnt go with a Thermaltake PSU. Some people love them, but the majority of the people I have seen say they are junk. Like I said, you shouldn't skimp out on the PSU.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-104-935&depa=0

This is a good PSU, but its more expensive than the thermaltake one. As for the case, thermaltake cases actually are pretty decent, despite what ^ said. Well, all the ones I've gotten to tinker around with were pretty well built, not teh best, but still pretty decent. That case is alright, not my taste, but its all you.