Need Help Choosing Water Cooling! (socket 775)

So you think that the Thermalright XP-120 would fit on my rig without problems? It wouldn't require any adaptor whatsoever?

Do you put a fan on that think?

432315[/snapback]

The Thermalright XP-120 comes with it own special bracket that screews through the motherboard 2 center screews - clips own the bracket in the 4 corners. Its pretty easy - I suggest you take the MB out and don't forget to put your ram in first

Its a great cooler - yes a 120mm fan say maybe 80cfm would go good

Where H2O has the edge it seems is under a load

Edited by E Fudd

So you think that the Thermalright XP-120 would fit on my rig without problems? It wouldn't require any adaptor whatsoever?

Do you put a fan on that think?

432315[/snapback]

Thermalright website says that they "have not found any board(Socket 775) that is not compatible with XP-120"

You will need the LGA775 Retention Bracket for XP-120. the bracket that comes with it will not fit Socket 775.

it does not come with a fan so you will have to get a fan for it. a 120mm one.

Aight guys, thanks! I'm going to try silver thermal paste first and if I'm not satisfied Imma gonna get this XP-120 with a 120mm fan (BTW, is it easy to plug a fan on that heatsink? Are there holes to make the fan fit in it or something?). But do you REALLY think it should bring my load temp under 68 celcius?