Gigabyte Vs. Msi For Oc'ing

it's post.....unfortunably not cool enough to get to windows

it runs at about 2.6 normaly though

once you get a gigabyte board that is'nt DOA then they last forever.

I have an msi board and it's bios just plain SUCKS.

my comtputer is oc'd to 12ghz, but it doesnt boot windows..... :bah:

just kidding bruh :foldon:

all this thread has done is made me less near my final decision. but, for availability and pricing, i think i am gonna go with the msi.

its funny tho so many ppl on so many threads talk about msi being good for oc'ing, but no one ever says why. the bios is indeed goofy so we know its not that. sure they have corecell but, everyone has their own thing going anyway so, no big deal there either.

good analogy, i raced for suzuki for 2 years, 750class. every noob on the planet thinks that ducati's are the shiznit....lemme tell ya, go ride one, they feel/handle/brake/accelerate/lean/lean/and lean like total crap. nice engine management system and fuel rail design, but dont come to the track and talk about ducati's, you'll be lucky to own one that actually finishes the race.

so with that in mind, talk the talk but tell me how we gonna walk da walk. pimp da pimp playa da playa

hey man go with whatever you want but my opinion on the 2 companies are...

Giga-byte: used them my whole life loved them never had a doa never had a rma with them at all. Better oc'ers than lots of my friends boards *msi neo2, lanparty boards* but hey that might just be because i got lucky.

MSI: never had good luck had a couple that i liked but just didnt beat the features of my giga-byte boards. Love MSI dont mind using them, had one doa on a customer's order, but hey one doa doesnt mean its a bad company its just all opinion.

Some people are gonna say omfg giga-byte is for n00bs others will say omfg wtf r j00 talking about MSI is for nubs.

just pick one on features for a64 get the k8nspro-939 or the one above it*cant remember name k8nnsxp or something* and then the msi neo2 platinum are good boards pick the one you like on features/looks*yes a mobo can look cool* because there both the same for oc'ing, like someone said the giga-byte board cant have an xp120 so maybe thats the reason why you go msi.

just my 2c

like thunderchiken says just get it for the features, personal though I tend to lean toward gigabyte, just because for the money they have more features, and TEND to have better quality :lol:

the boards features are exactly the same, stick for stick. except that the gigabyte has the dps system which im not really impressed by enough to get over the msi.

still looking through reviews and talking to some local comp shops. the best feedback are from the ppl who have had the board for awhile but, cant seem to locate those peeps.

anyways thanks for the help, gonna go with msi.