Gigabyte Vs. Msi For Oc'ing

which one in general is better for overclocking and why.

both will be running amd 64 3200's, maybe 3500's.

standard for the most part. ati x800, gb ram, watercooling, big ol case. good foundation for oc, just picking a motherboard.

my socket 7 gigabyte board gets my axp 2500 to 3Ghz when the msi could only go to about 2.5Ghz

431759[/snapback]

are you serious? i've only seen one person in the world take an axp to 3GHz and that was with the most insane cooling ever...

you mean 3GHz stable or 3GHz post???

that would be a 1165MHz oc... or 63% which is insane...

are you serious? i've only seen one person in the world take an axp to 3GHz and that was with the most insane cooling ever...

you mean 3GHz stable or 3GHz post???

that would be a 1165MHz oc... or 63% which is insane...

431809[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing. 1100mhz+ OC? I guess anything's possible, but forgive me if I'm a bit skepical.

As far as the boards... from all of the reviews I have read, they are neck and neck. I looked at the gigabyte 939 board, but it wouldn't take the XP-120, so I went with the MSI. But the MSI's BIOS is VERY goofy, so it's a tough call.

Lanparty is DFI,  which is so far the best nforce4 ocer. socket 939 nforce3 would be msi, socket 754 nforce3 would be a tie between msi and dfi.

431769[/snapback]

:withstupid: I agree with Byron!

BTW: I also agree with nrg on the 3ghz OC thing. I too am a little skeptical with that OC especially on that board :) lol.