Service Pack 2

Lee3188

Idk, this prolly sounds stupid, but is it recommended by you to download Service Pack 2? I just built this comp and its telling me to download it, but I heard some bad things about it. Like it screws up some peoples computers somehow, and some people it made it hard to play games. I dont really want the headache of that if thats the case, I just want to be able to surf the internet, play EQ2 and Doom 3, and do a little bit of light CAD design.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sick of people worrying about SP2, just download & install it. I mean there is a risk of me getting in a car accident on the way to school, but i still go. There's a chance with everything, stop worrying and just do it

The only problem i ever had with it (after installing it on many computers) was that i was unable to visit certain websites. All i had to do though was go restart my router. Most other rare problems i hear of are easily fixed one way or another.

The only problem with service pack 2 was when it was first released, numerous people got the bsod due to bugs that were in the package. This error has long since been fixed (the next day) and I have yet to have any problems what so ever with the prodcut.

Only downside is the package increases security and for those people out there who know what they are doing when it comes to a computer its likke having a a little guy stand behind you saying are you sure you want to do that...

So in closing go download it, i did!