• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about electrostaticdischarge from the monitior

432167[/snapback]

Thats what I was thinking...there's got to be some sort of interference with the mobo literally right on top of the monitor. Not to mention keeping everything from shorting out. If you do get it up and working tho, it would be real cool :D If you have like a plate of something under it, then a removable box cover(w/acrylic windows)attached to that, you should be able to find someplace to mount handles...that would be awesome for a lan party ;). I think everything just lies in making a good case for it...if interference isnt a problem :P

**edit** whoa, just looked at the pics again and realised...how are you gonna support the pci/agp cards? o.O...them hanging in the breeze will risk a snapped card if you move it(which takes lan parties out of the question) **edit**

Edited by puckdracon

Well i think that is is a really cool idea.  I go to LAN parties all the time and that setup would cut out a lot of the junk that i have to lug. Plus it would really stand out at the LAN as a custom rig!!!

:)

431908[/snapback]

Yea, but for that rig to be any good for decent games, it would need a more MEAT Graphics card.

With an FX 5200 you can forget gaming.

Nice idea btw! Hope it works out for ya! ;)

lol, thanks for all the help guys, i know, i stillneed ways to support the cards, but ive got some spare coarbon fiber laying around, thinkgin abotu making a rack with it, and i dont plan on gaming with this, much, so the GFX wont be prob...i also have a 1/4inch sheet of closed cell foam behing the mobo...if i where to degaus...wouldent that DESTROy the mobo?

if i where to degaus...wouldent that DESTROy the mobo?

433404[/snapback]

LOL! That would be funny in a sick sad sorta way...I doubt it will destroy anything with the foam between it(i think grounding it out is the main problem), but the interference may do wierd things :/ you try and let us know how it goes :P

oh yeh, gorudning out, well there is a large metal plate on the bottom that i could ground it to, but ( dont want to sound like a n00b )waht do i run the wire from to the ground? *hides form random shots fired at him*

oh yeh, gorudning out, well there is a large metal plate on the bottom that i could ground it to, but ( dont want to sound like a n00b )waht do i run the wire from to the ground? *hides form random shots fired at him*

434370[/snapback]

...i was talking about the mobo grounding out to metal under it...something you *dont* want :P

oh, lol, i have that foam and a layer of duct tape keeping it from shorting. lol, i was like, what? i thoguht it was grounded thru the ATX-20, but oh well lol.

Silenc3, yeh, mebe i do have too much time on my hands, but thats how the realy cewl mods come out!