well, its sorta finaly done, it was a snow day today so i decided to put my P4 3.0 my old 19" monitor. I dont know what i will cover it yet, but im thinking Plexi. I also am thinking of putting the CD driv on the side so its not sticking out the top :(. also i still need to put a HD in it (wont be ahrd) and im gonna try to get the mobo a few inches closer to the center so the vid card wont stick out so much. After i instaled everythign i realised all these isues, and i decided i would put my curent mobo in there (see sig) and leave that one in a tower running dual monitors. I plan to have it running 512 3200, a 3.2 P4 (probly stock cuz ram is vlaue, my PDP stays and goes into my A64 thats on its way) and an FX5200. this will probly be a file server and run my FTP server off of it too. I cnat wait for my A64 to get here so i can add this to my collection and put some sort of caseing on it. Tell me what you think, good and bad critisisim is grealy apreciated thank you.'

post-72525-12796227784781_thumb.png

post-72395-12796421438204_thumb.jpg

post-5758-12796527359219_thumb.png

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont mind the heat, but would it be so much heat that is dangorus? like, fire?

431587[/snapback]

It would be dangerous, but not fire wise. It would probably fry your components. Thats why you would need good air flow, a way to keep the hot air goin out and the cool air from outside comin in. What I would do is try to get a 120mm fan or two on top blowing out, and a couple 80mm in the back to sucking in, or even another 120mm if it can fit.

or, you could just take a cup or something and cut out the bottom off of it and duck the cpu fan to the side of the case.(if u planned to put the case back on it.) and maybe do the same for the videocard.(cant tell if thats passive or active vc cooling)

thats kinda what im going for, is just a custom built...thing! but i wouldent plan on taking it to lans, i think the only place i will be able to apply preasure to it at is the bottom so i all have build carrying handles on to the bottom plate. gahhh, so much more work to be done!