Cubasis

CmpFreak88

I was looking through my Audigy help guide on making music and it said it should have come with Cubasis, was this only for Platinum or Pro users? I bought the Audigy 2 ZS Gamer and I can't seem to find it. Is it hidden on one of the disks? If so which one? Thanks.

Dang manual... it came with my card and said I could with Cubasis, so I spent the last hour searching the disks to find it... GAH! I'll have to pull out my old copy of Acid. Anyone know of any good programs like this?

the manual is a universal audigy manual... mine is only the 2 ZS and it explains how to set up that front I/O panel you get with it... haha... i dont even have one.. though i wish i did....

BUT you can get those hacked drivers that unlock EVERYTHING (you can install audigy 4 drivers on a 2 ZS or whatever) i was gonna install the hacked drivers for the audigy 2 ZS but the download site was sooo freakin slow

the manual is a universal audigy manual... mine is only the 2 ZS and it explains how to set up that front I/O panel you get with it... haha...  i dont even have one.. though i wish i did....

BUT you can get those hacked drivers that unlock EVERYTHING (you can install audigy 4 drivers on a 2 ZS or whatever) i was gonna install the hacked drivers for the audigy 2 ZS but the download site was sooo freakin slow

431113[/snapback]

do you have the addy for that site? ....thanks!

Anyone know of any good programs like this?

431067[/snapback]

Well, Acid and Cubase are fundamentally different imo... Cubase i think of as a programmable midi controller with multitrack recording and effects... Acid when i used it just did loop-based stuff and had a handful of effects...

while fundamentally different to both of these, i love the propellerheads software... Rebirth was fun... Reason is now so fully-featured that you can make an amazing track using just one program... it's so fun flipping the rack round and routing stuff somewhere with the patch leads to make different sounds! :)

Personally i use Cubase with Reason and an external control synth (Yamaha CS1x) and some of it's onboard sound patches...

i've tried cakewalk and that was kinda cool... logic audio was just weird... and it's mac only now for the newest version so f logic audio lol...

id say get FL-Studio if u really want something for music production, especially if your just learning it makes it simple for new comers and advanced enough for the experienced if need be. ive been useing it for years now, great stuff :P

If you're serious about music production, then you definently want to check these proggies out:

Reason 2.5

Reason 3.0

Cubasis

FL Studio

unfortunatly, i haven't found any free ones that i really like. just don't go cheap :)