Amd Ocing

Aeromun

Hey, as i said in my title, i wanna find out about OCing with amd's.What are the best amds for OCing?.I want my next system to be amd based and i want to OC it, but im looking for great performance plus OC capability...as in i dont want to buy a out of date lower performance proc just cause its a good OCer. :)

any suggestions?

S939 is the newst AMD proc. They seem to be topping out around 2.6-2.7ghz.

Couple them with TCCD ram and you will have a rig that will make your LGA775 cry.

BTW, I'm a converted Intel lover. :D

I got me a 3000+ (939) recently and at the stock 1.8GHz it's pretty much on par, in terms of speed, with my old Barton 2600+ at 2.3GHz. These chips are fast :) I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed :)

LOL now dont foget to tell this person all the bad overclocks as well it is all a matter of luck but out of all the chips on the chip look for theses date they seem to be doing the best

CBBHD 0448MPM i have seen a couple do 2.7GHz

CBBHD 0447SPAW this is the best one out there that i know of

CBBHD 0448SPAW just as good as its younger brother

now anything newer then that is just gana be luck/iffy so dont expect to much also avoid all CBBID and 0501 and up chips they all are horid clockers good luck and i hope this info will help you some :)

Edited by confuzzedintelguy

Yeah see if you can avoid getting a CBBID, although mine isn't TOO bad really. I'm at 2.4ghz right now with 1.536v and it's been folding all night so :) I'm hoping 2.5ghz with .. 1.57 - 1.60v but we'll see... temps around 40C load right now, so that aint bad for a pretty dang quiet air cooled system either!! My laptop makes a more annoying noise than my big computer actually :)