Wtb: Digital Camera Under 300$

lifted

If your looking for an inexpensive digital camera i suggest you look at some of the lower end nikon. Even though its lower end, the nikon cameras are some of the best i have seen. So i would realy check the nikon and the canon cameras out if your intrested.

theres the brand new canon a520 which is replacing the very popular a80 model. If you want something more compact theres the s410 which is virtually the same as my s400, which i enjoyed very much on my trip to hawaii last year.

If you want some thing very compact theres the optio s series. my roomate has the 3mp version and likes it a lot. It's so small it can fit in a altoids tin. There several 4mp and 5 mp models.

a good 3mb pixel camera is all you need as a cheap 4+ wont give you good pictures, as those as only automatic cameras and you need to set it to manual for the full 3+ images like my nikon 3mb $700 one is better than any cheap 8+ camera b/c when it sets to manual they come out as 9mb Tiff files were as auto is only 1mb for ALL cameras, its standerd

Canon all the way!

Canon A510: $200

Memory, Batteries, case, and flash reader should bump you up to your budget.

http://typicallyrandom.com/multipage_articles/1a510.htm

^ My in-depth review.

Canon A95: has an adjustable LCD screen so you can flip it around to protect it.

5 megapixel.

Leet camera.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-120-153&depa=7

im telling you theres no point in spending 200 on a camera that cant take good picutres above 1mb which is standard for ALLLLLL digital cameras

a cheap $150 is the same as a $500+ if it only used on auto setting

im telling you theres no point in spending 200 on a camera that cant take good picutres above 1mb which is standard for ALLLLLL digital cameras

a cheap $150 is the same as a $500+ if it only used on auto setting

436723[/snapback]

I don't know where you are getting this 1mb thing, but it doesn't sound right at all. for one thing each image varies slightly in size based on the the shot. a shot with many shadows takes up a different amount of space with more highlights. another thing file size has nothing to do with the quality of the images taken. Also my 4mp point and shot, camera averaged about 1.5 mb per image (jpeg) in its highest resolution.

More mega pixels (or larger files) do not equal better pictures. You might be able to find a good camera for $150. But it would probably be under 3mp which means you'll only be able to get prints that are about 5x6" and smaller, without loosing quality, or having a professional lab upsample and enlarge it.

spending $300 can be a very good investment if do some homework. You can't really go wrong with a canon a series (a75, a85, a510, etc) or even the s series (s400, s410). i started out with a s400 and it got me so interested in photography i bought a digital SLR http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos300d/