Do I Have A Crappy Card?

Guest snootywaiter

Guest snootywaiter

I've got a BFG 5500oc 128mb and i THOUGHT it was good but im just not totally sure. I havent gotten to test it with any games yet because im using linux and there arent many linux games. If anybody knows if this card is good or not please let me know. By good i mean, half life two good. I really want to be able to play half life 2, not necessarily on max details and stuff but just able to play it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude you should be fine.. ive got an FX5200 128mb.. (worse than yours) and worse comp specs.. and i play HL2 just fine... pretty nice high details and 1024x768... just cant touch AA and AF tho

up ur ram to a gig BTW :D

dude you should be fine.. ive got an FX5200 128mb.. (worse than yours) and worse comp specs.. and i play HL2 just fine... pretty nice high details and 1024x768... just cant touch AA and AF tho

up ur ram to a gig BTW  :D

430093[/snapback]

that means that I might be able to play it with AA and AF ..awsome dude! maybe even ....dare i sayit ...1280*1024!

you have a bellow average card. My 5700 is a little better. the 9700 and 5700 are average. Yours is below average. which is still good BTW. you can game, but not as well as those high end cards.

Edited by littleaznkid

you have a blow average card. My 5700 is a little better. the 9700 and 5700 are average. Yours is below average. which is still good BTW. you can game, but not as well as those high end cards.

430111[/snapback]

OH THANKS ! :lol:

yeah, i'd say that is a high low end card maybe, somewhere at the lower end of the spectrum

it wont do well in DX9 mode in HL2/CS:S, actually, those games will automatically force your DX9 capable card to run in DX8 mode as DX9 simply kills performance on any FX card

this might help, your 5500OC should fall somewhere around the R 9600

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/2...tournament_2003

if you plan on keeping up with gaming, i suggest you look at a 6600GT or X800XL, good performance and DX9 support(that works well), etc.........