Xp-120

fire_storm

I ve been looking into quiter cooling soultions and was thinking of the xp-120 because of the 120mm fans can blow a lot of air and make little sound. It should fit because on thermalrights website they use the k8v se deluxe as there test bed and I have the same board but not sure if it will fit in my case. What do you think?

I think it would fit.  I am thinking of the XP-90 for my next system; the XP-120 is not compatible with MSI Neo2 Plat boards...as far as I know.  Hopefully, newegg.com will have it in stock soon.

429708[/snapback]

Technically, you're right, it won't fit the neo2 plat. But I have it, many people do. If you don't want to bend a cap to make it work, I don't blame you, but just so you know, it is certainly possible to make it work, and it's not that hard.

yeah, it fit in my case, just barely, the ends of the heatpipes that stick out an eigth of an inch beyond the fins is like 1/8" from the bottom fan on my PSU, and the side of it is like 1/8" from the 80mm fan on the back of the case, you look like you have the same case as me, it will be tight, had to remove my PSU in order to get it mounted, but at least i didn't have to remove the whole mobo and all like others have had to do...

if you are interested in one, i have a new case, PSU, and H2O kit at home waiting to be installed when i get home in a week, would probably take me a few days to get it all ironed out and get comfortable with it, once it has been running a few days or a week without issues, i will sell you my XP-120 for say.....$45 shipped??, only been on there for a few weeks, just get your self a good 120mm x 38mm 100ish cfm fan to go on it and you're set

it brought my temps down 10-12c from the Thermaltake Spark 7 i was using, pretty good drop from just changing out a heatsink/fan

Not to diss Gravy's generous offer in any way, but the Zalman CNPS7700-Cu cooler I use stays within 1C of the XP-120 with about 1/4 of the fan noise.

Plus it has the added benefit of all the flowthrough air, which cools the entire motherboard and turns the NB's passive cooler into an active one! Chills my RAM out nicely, too.

It dropped my MOBO temps by several degrees and my 3GHz Prescott now idles at under 30C!

The highest I have seen it run so far, on full load, is 42C.

It cost $44 shipped from ZipZoomFly, and with AS Ceramique it's really one of the best solutions on the market.

The XP-120 is lighter, though, so if many LAN parties are in your future you may be better off with it instead.

GL!

I want somthing that has good cool but doesn t make a lot of sound. I like the xp-90 but then I would have to get a 92mm tornado to get good cooling and that would make my case even louder. I like the xp-120 because you can put quite 120mm fans on it that have a high cfm flow.