Dual Monitor Games

Jsnuff

hello peeps,

do anybody kno of any dualmonitor game (beside microsoft flight sim) that r good?

and if so can uplease list them

thank u in advance for ur info

I can see CS:S being played with more then one screen, to see around... but that would require a bit of programming to hook something into memory to get the extra angles for the memory... and it's illegal to hook anything into memory to modify a game in any way, according to most EULAs.

I can see CS:S being played with more then one screen, to see around... but that would require a bit of programming to hook something into memory to get the extra angles for the memory... and it's illegal to hook anything into memory to modify a game in any way, according to most EULAs.

429411[/snapback]

you'd actually have to add an additional render step in the render stage of the game loop... you'd have to set up a camera for each additional display with a completely different viewport... you can't simply "hook into memory" whatever that means... you'd have to edit/add to the game code itself

By hooking, that's sort of what I refer to. Altering the games flow and such. Or, you could set something up to look left and right really fast(in the time of one "wait" in the hl engine) and then draw those on the other monitors... but that'd be waaaay too complicated.

hmm... after a little perusal of the information-super-highway, it seems that you may be able to play games in dual-screen "spanned" resolution, ie. twice as wide as a single screen spanned over two, e.g 2048 x 768 with 1024 x 768 on each screen... spanned resolutions are only supported on nVidia cards (i'll just ignore anything that isn't ATi/nVidia since we're talking games) however, whether your game supports spanned resolutions is a different matter... you'd just have to set the Field Of View setting to compensate for the double width rez i think...

so, if you have an nVidia card it *might* work on *some* games, but it'd probably mean half the fps in the best case scenario and likely even less so it may mean a spanned rez of something like 1600 x 600 to get similar performance to say 1152 x 864

no one is asking how to modify a game so it will run on 2 monitors. the question is if there are any games around (already) that support multiple games.

I believe either UT or UT2003 did. I'm not aware of any non-simulator games that do however.