Power Supply Cord

Ok Been doing some homework with all this case air flow basic's an what not {as told by most of you OC'ers} on wire management will i've ran into this problem sorta an its not a hard thing to think about but there's a pro an con on it in my opinion.First off im working with a MGE 500W PS an i like it.Cept one thing the main mobo board cord is freaking long man. so i sat around an messed with it for a few an thought of some possible ways to have a clean cable mangement. i tryed looping an bending it in different ways an nothing seems to make me happy but this one decesion.to trim the cable back a few lengths but yea i already know someone's gonna say something but first listen. the cable is about as long as my case tall so i figured i could cut it an have less access of cable laying around in my case to block the air flow.the pro is in my opinion less cable in the way an a nice clean set up. con is would it be smart as to cut it just for one reason,becuz if i where to use the thing on another case would i of needed the extra slack? or would i mess anything by cutting the wires an soidering the wires back together? iono man i'm tryin to build this as nice as i can get it without anything lookin less of what i could have done. well someone help me out. thank again

LANViper84

"BeaV"

iono if that would work out to well,i'd rather go the extra mile an make my self happy an reduce the cable :D looping it would be the only way that i wouldn't have to cut it but its still kinda cluttery lookin ,i'm looking to build a nice set up so if i'm gonna do it right i'm gonna do it right the first time so i don't have to come back to it an bang my head over it so i'm gonna keep trying things

I always liked 'em long...

My strategy is to keep the to 5 1/2" bay empty (for heat dissipation as well as wire management) and run the whole mess from the PSU straight into it.

Then I peel the connectors off to the proper lengths and anchor the main bundle to the drive cage temporarily with a twist-tie.

This results in a sweetly-looped ATX cable bundle that, when twisted properly, arches up to the top of the case and drops directly into the ATX plug itself. Very nice.

O/C, if you want to cut the wires, you can...but that'll surely void the warranty.

GL!!

if you know how to solder cables in-line, without any solder bulge, and can use heatshrink, then you could do it... clever wire management as mentioned above would be a LOT easier, so if you can route it somewhere out of view, do that, but if you've had experience of in-line wire soldering (and are good at it!), then go for it :)

"My strategy is to keep the to 5 1/2" bay empty (for heat dissipation as well as wire management) and run the whole mess from the PSU straight into it."

Ok so what u're trying to say is i should leave a drive bay empty an from there run all the cables into the empty bay an from there u kinda lost me lol peel of the connectors? if u could post a pic that would help me a lil better.i'm guess i'm just gonna loop it around it self an zip tie like ya'll are saying but lol it still bugs be to be all cluddered up sorta close to my memory an cpu heatsink, so thats why i'm stressin to figure something out. ok wait lol i just think i got it ,check this out i'm gonna loop it around an push it up against the case wall an use one of the unused screw holes an zip tie that some b*tch down hahah..ok ya i feel ya now

"Zip ties are my friend indeed!" :lol::P:D:);)

yeh, i alwase either leave top drive or 2 open or put in a fan conroler and then put all my spare wires either in holes that go to about a 1 inch space that is behing my mobo, or into that drive bay, i would realy sugest NOT cuttin your wires, you will get vlotage fluxuations.....

yeh, i alwase either leave top drive or 2 open or put in a fan conroler and then put all my spare wires either in holes that go to about a 1 inch space that is behing my mobo, or into that drive bay, i would realy sugest NOT cuttin your wires, you will get vlotage fluxuations.....

431164[/snapback]

ive heard both things from people...im guesiin those who did inline soldering got less fluxuations than others...me...i just put em in the drive bay