Results With A Pny 6600gt

biggallo55

Hi. I had a few questions and I want to know if anybody can help. With 3dmark05, I scored 3067 on stock video settings (500/900). I have a PNY 6600gt dual dvi and was wondering if this is low for stock settings. Also i have succesfully oc the video card to 519/1.16 but this is through the nvidia settings. I looked in 3dmark05 and its saying that I have it at 540/1.2 which setting is true and also what do you guys go by when you have it oc? cause i have been looking around and i have seen peoples memory at 250 260 with their 6600gt and i cant comprehend that mine says 519 and differs with 3dmark05. Any thoughts?

3k with stock settings is a great bench. i'm not sure either about the memory at 250/260....but 519 looks correct. when you say...."what do you go by"...i'm assuming how far you wanna OC? basically overclock (under cool conditions) until the image starts flickering, or you have dots all over your screen when you're in games/benching.

I have scored 3405 @519/1.16 settings according to the properties and it shows 240/1.2 in the 3dmark05 properties. I am just confused cause the settings are off from one another. What I meant to ask about what do you guys go by I meant what settings do you go by? since i am getting two different setting results, I am asking which one are you guys going by.

P4 [email protected]

Kingston Hyperx Dual PC4000 1gig

Abit IC7-Max 3

PNY Nvidia 6600gt

Edited by biggallo55

i think some of the 256m cards have lower core speeds. I have that same card, and i scored 2961 on 3dmark05 with "High performance" settings. Then again, i have a 3000+ @2.2 with 512 value ram. I'm having problems with game fps. I posted in the video card forum with my problem.

I had another question but i didnt know if i should start a new one but anywho i will post it in here. I have dual monitors and since i play games as well, is it possible to lock the moniitor that you are using to play games so that your mouse doesnt scroll over to the other monitor? Or do i just have to disable the other monitor each time i want to play games?