Need Help! Bios Dead... :( (due To My Stupidity)

Ok, about a month ago I saw this great guide on putting a full screen boot logo on your next bios update. So finaly I got my computer running BESAUTIFULLY so I HAD to go the extra mile and try it... crap if I know WHY I decided to do this at 6 in the morning after playing cs source all night. So any way I looked at the guide and it mentioned needing a award bios with awdflash so when I got my updated bios from abit I noticed that it had awdflash so I figured it was a award BIOS (shame on me for not knowing what kind of bios I have) So I went ahead and made the picture I wanted to use saved it in the right format convinced that I was doing everything all right so I ran the command for ataching the picture to the bios .bin file than ran abit's prog that lets you flash in windows hit reboot, waited patientley ... ...and waited even longer and realised I was screwed...then I took a look at the bios chiop (I should have done that FIRST) and saw it was a phoenix! .!!! Is there ANY WAY I can reflash my chip or get a replacement BIOS chip flashed with ABIT's BOIS for the board (NF7 ruv 2)? For less (hopefully WAY less) than a new mobo?

Well I learned something tonight... NEVER flash your BIOS , or do anything on your BIOS, without a full night's sleep and a level head.

Thnaks in advance, it all rests in the hands of the OCC now.

Award=Phoenix. Phoenix bought out Award years ago, so your board does use Award BIOS.

Yes, you can get a new BIOS chip from Abit. I don't know if they'll send you a new chip or if you have to send the motherboard back in and have them replace the chip.

Assuming you get no response from your computer (i.e. the BIOS is totally hosed), I do not think there is any way to re-flash, even off a boot diskette. Have you tried booting from diskette to see if you get any response at all?

Ouch.

Bios can be very scary. I was flashing my video card bios and the screen went blank for 5 minutes, which made me piss my pants! Luckily it came back on.

Go to Abit's website and search around or shoot them an email seeing if you can send it back to get a replacement chip, some manufacturers can get you a replacement.

As far as reflashing it, I don't think thats possible. :(