Custom Or Pre-built

daniel

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can say a few more things about them, but i may get banned

429136[/snapback]

Well, I can assure you that you are not the only one on OCC that feels that way :) lol.

dells are great if your going to college.. i am building my friends computer.. he is going to Miami University.. so he has to TECH HELP lol.. because my college is 30 min away from were i live :)

Normally id say no to a pre-built but is he very computer savy will he call you with every little problem if so a pre-built might be the answere the only good thing is the tech support which will keep people out of your hair. Also it's gonna be hard to convince someone that something that costs more and is less powerful is better then something that is cheaper and more powerful.

buth then there are the little things...if he plans to overclock it, dell won't cut it. Dell RAM is value of values, so if he's doing anything htat he'd like better stability and faster speeds for, it ain't gonna happen. Same things goes for the psu.

It's really up to him, for the extra money, he gets a VERY good computer, with options to OC and upgrade and made with quality parts. Or he can get the cheaper Dell with all of the issues that it entails. I say convince him on the custom, tell him about occ.com, and have him solve his own problems :).