Occ Cs:s Server

CmpFreak88

Is there any official CS:S Server for OCC? If not where do you guys usually go. I've had a week off so I've been playing 24/7 for the last 4 days and I wanted to see how the guys on OCC are and just have reliable people to play with rather than hackers and kids who spray pr0n all the time.

There has never been an official OCC CS:S server, however several different people have hosted unofficial CS:S servers from time to time.

When I use to play, I would play on the Digital Homicide server. Thanks to XFire, more OCC members started showing up there and for a time we had taken the server over. :P I haven't played CS:S since WoW came out.

Someone with a fast connection should sacrifice a folding machine *gasp* and turn it into a CS:S server. (Preferably on the east coast)

428934[/snapback]

Im buying a server when I get couple hundred more bucks, and then I could setup an OCC CS:S server.

I don't have a super-fast connection though, so the max that would be able to join though would be 10-16, so that may not work too well.

• 2 weeks later...

you dont need a super fast connection for a lil game like that. I use my dual processors as a server for my clan every once and a while. I have the standard comcast cable internet and i have had up to like 16 people in there, my max. they only had a ping of around high 70s to low 90s. Not too bad for a standard comcast cable connection. Think to keep in mind is that you do not want to host a server and play cs:s on the same machine, it will screw everything up. I have a laptop that I play on. My setup works nice.

http://gmail.google.com/gmail?view=att&dis...027b38200e2747f