Newegg Messup --i Win

asus

remember how i said i ordered an audigy 2 value.. well.. newegg sent me an audigy 2.. .. not a value.. i called them.. and they said its there mistake.. and "dont wory about it" :)

but the main reason for this thread is this.. i have said many times, how my cheep 3 dollar sound card worked fine, and i could not tell the difference ... well.. YOU CAN TELL A DIFFRENCE.. and i was shocked at some of the sound i was hearing in my mp3's.. so much more clear.. and games seam to come alive.. and i dont even have good speakers lol..

so if your thinking about a new sound card.. i would recommend 100%

yeah, people who swear their onboard sound or 9800 pro is just as good as the better stuff are just in denial

427233[/snapback]

!!

My 9800Pro is good! B)

yeah, people who swear their onboard sound or 9800 pro is just as good as the better stuff are just in denial

427233[/snapback]

:withstupid: (im getting carried away with this :lol: ) yeah my audigy is better than my onboard besides i can configure my regular audigy to work with 5 outputs making it a ghetto 7.1+ surround :) and hey even though the 9800pro isnt that great, its still something better than the fx series, meh but i dont care if i get a 6x00 series or a 9800pro because its something better than nothing. :D

Yeah. I've got an Audigy 2 ZS, but I don't notice the difference between it and my SB PCI512 because I've got cheap speakers. As for the GPU thing, I really don't see a difference between my 9700 Pro and 6800

427390[/snapback]

your system must be a bottleneck, the 6800 is leaps and bounds better than the previous generation ATI or Nvidia

you may want to try out the kX drivers for that sound card asus, they make the output signal strength stronger and music sounds alot better than with the creative drivers, some people say games have issues, but i have not had one issue yet with all of the latest games doom3, hl2, cs:s, etc.......

Ive always said i dont notice a difference, but i DO need a sound card, ive got my computer running through a ONKYO a/v control tuner amplifier, and i can hear a really annoying hum coming through the line from the microphone port, so its time for a sound card. Im definitely getting an audigy....just dont know which one yet.