Protein: P248_c24muregs

Judy_Dunbar

1:20:16 per step ??? 1 hour 20 mins ?? hmmm same pc that got 59 min a step last time. Whats up with this ?

Intel P4 2.6 ghz 512 megs ram stock, 865PE Chipset

I have 2 more PCs similar to this one and there not doing this but again not same WUs.

[14:31:58] Protein: p248_c24MUreGS

[14:31:58]

[14:31:58] Writing local files

[14:32:02] Writing local files

[14:32:02] Completed 0 out of 1000000 steps (0)

[15:04:08] + Working...

[15:51:51] Writing local files

[15:51:51] Completed 10000 out of 1000000 steps (1)

[17:11:56] Writing local files

[17:11:56] Completed 20000 out of 1000000 steps (2)

Fold On ??

Nope I run what I brung, I wont ditch it just to make more points, Im just wondering if its running slow on purpose or I might have a issue.

Fold On !

427185[/snapback]

yeah, my p3 mobile takes 1:18 per frame on those 600 point gromacs, so i wouldn't worry....

airman the points mean nothing, they are a bait to get people, like yourself, who only care about "what they are getting out of it", to fold, it's all about the research bro, it's always amazed me how weird and selfish people get about the points when they mean absolutely nothing............by deleting a WU to get a higher point yield you are delaying research that could help save lives, every time you delete a WU consider another person dead unnecessarily

woah woah chill out man...i didn't mean it like that. i was sayin that if a wu is taking that much time...you could do a couple more 'faster' units. some units are just unstable....and take really long.

so don't make assumtions.

yeah, but the one you delete takes a long time for the stanford servers to realize it is "lost" and no results are coming in, before it can send it out again to somone else to do................

i am not assuming anything, you openly suggested deleting WU's that take a long time and yield a small amount of points, the idea is to work out the WU's that are sent to you no matter how little points or how long they take, for the good of the cause, not for "points", they are "pointless", a fun way to pass time, that's all, but the cause is very real, and i simply hate to hear people deleting WU's because of a low point value.......

the day i start deleting WU's to get more points/quicker is the day i uninstall F@H

fold for the cause, not for the points, my aunt just died from cancer, it could be your future son or daughter, or one of my two daughters whose life is saved as a result of our research contributions.....i am simply appalled at the thought that the cure for a horrible disease may have been delayed at all so someone could get more points which are completely superficial and mean absolutely nothing when the sun goes down no matter where it sets

sorry, this isn't a personal attack, you were just the one to suggest it first, but i do feel very strongly about this, that's why i leave all my folders running 24/7/365, i don't care how much my power bill is, and i would keep doing it if there were never any "points", i have and will continue to give my prizes won in any contests to anyone that needs it, i don't want anything out of this except a better future for us all, the day they announce a cure for a terrible currently "uncureable" disease as a result of our efforts is the day i become a "king", dang the points

Wow, that's a lotta minutes. Even my 1900+ is pushing 600 pointers at 56 minutes, I'd check task manager and run ad-aware/Spybot to see if something unknown is hogging all the cycles.

Oh, and Word up to the gravy, thanks

:foldon:

18 hours later:

Yo, Judy Dunbar, last night our XP2000+ after an unexpected shut-down went from 55 minutes per to an hour and 57 per. This was while working on a 600 pointer, acually it had about 10 frames left.

So what did you figure oure with your machine? perhaps it might help me understand why this machine added an hour per frame to this WU

Edited by Dimonicka