Where's My Gamo Prize?

Vasto

Ok, as some of you know, I won the GAMO contest back on JAN 1. I PM'd BigRed my address, becuase he was the person shipping my parts. Then a little bit later, BigRed said he shipped it. About a week went by, then I heard from BigRed saying that it was accidentally shipped to DFI because the RMA guy at CBW screwed up. DFI then sent it back. I then IM'd BigRed again asking when it was going to be shipped, he said when he went to work. Since then I have sent BigRed many PM's asking if it has been sent yet, no replies. I have also tried IM'ing him, but I have been ignored. (I know because I im'd him then 1/2 hour later it said that he has been idle for 19 minutes. 30-19=11 minutes.) So now I am hoping that this thread catches his attention.

:foldon:

most likely or we would hear them complain too.

just because someone is "active" for 11 minutes doesnt mean they are scamming you. some people have things to do that are slightly more important than that of shipping a freebie.

I never accused him of scamming......

I have been waiting for this computer for a while, and have promised friends hosting space on it. (I am turning it into a webserver)

I know that bigred has been on the road scouting lately, because his wife told me once. But I noticed that he was on the forums, so I am hoping that this catches his attention

ok let me rephrase: just because someone is not responding for 11 minutes, doesnt mean you are 'ignored'.

either way, he is honest. there is a lesson to be learned here. dont count yer chickens before they're hatched.

In all honesty, I was getting a little discouraged too. I won the other system in the GAMO contest, and my story is almost word for word with Vasto's.

I certainly don't want to be pushy, considering that BigRed was nice enough to offer this stuff up for the contest, but I do want to put the reminder out there.

The thought has never crossed my mind that he won't send the gear. When I talked to him the first time before he knew about the shipping errors, he offered me his phone number unprompted, and has been very upfront and apologetic. I do however want to throw the reminder his way <nudge> <nudge>