My Computer Hates Me

CrackHead

Alright well dispite my best efforts I can't seem to get my computer temperatures to decrease what so ever. Just yesterday I went out and bought a new altec 92mm fan for my xp90 heatsink just incase it was a faulting fan causing the problems and some more artic silver. I whiped off the old . using rubing alcohol 91% and then applied a fresh coat and reassembled everything. After powering on yada yada yada I still have temps that seem to high for my system. Any clue how to reslove this heat issue without costly measures?

Hardcano Temperature Read Out -

CPU-36 c

Case-30.5 c

Bios-

CPU-58 c

MotherBoard Monitor

Case-44 c

CPU-55 c

---Specs---

CPU- Intel P4 3.4GHZ Prescott

Motherboard- Asus P5GD1

Heatsink- XP90

Case - Thermaltake Tsunami

Fans -

1x120mm fan intake

1x120mm fan exhaust

1x92mm fan side intake

1x92mm fan mounted on xp90

Edit: My system is not OC

It is realitivly quite and like to keep it that way...so that kinda rules out the huge butt fan theroy that is so freely thrown around.

Edited by CrackHead

Maybe get a better CPU fan, like a Panaflo 92mm high-speed? Antec fans are usually pretty rubbish IMO.

The sidefan on the Tsunami doesn't give much airflow, maybe 30cfm. Might want to get something a little stronger for that, too.

Try just generally tidying up the wires in the case, if you've got wires going every which way, that is the worst for airflow. Look around for different places you can hide wires, the Tsunami is a great case for hiding wires. :) A lot of wires can be hidden on top of the PSU, or on the panel behind the motherboard.

Your temps sound okay for an LGA775, but you can bring them down some.

hardcano is a fan controller right? get a tornado and throttle it down... at 2400rpm the tornado is barely audible... 2800 and it's still quiet... 3000 and it's just starting to be noticeable...

they're loud at 4900rpm... but at low rpm's they're no louder than crappy fans... possibly quieter... like it's quieter than akasa 80mm led fans...

Any software that will increase your fan speed b/c for some reason whenever I tried to manipulate the fan speed via the hardcano fan controller I wasn't able to...It registered the fan speed usually around 1800rpm but whether it was in manual or auto mode the fan speed never decreased or increased even when the +/- button was pressed. So I removed the fan controller b/c the wires just got in my way and right now have my fans connected to the mobo. And I used to have a panflow fan on there but I got the same temps and I wasn't sure the quality of that brand so I just removed it and put on an altec instead. Also as for wire managment, I am still new in this field but It is extremly difficult since I purchased the deadfull ultraxconnect with its uber thick and non flexible cables, also the cables are too fat to conceal under the mobo.

Edited by CrackHead

Any software that will increase your fan speed b/c for some reason whenever I tried to manipulate the fan speed via the hardcano fan controller I wasn't able to...It registered the fan speed usually around 1800rpm but whether it was in manual or auto mode the fan speed never decreased or increased even when the +/- button was pressed. So I removed the fan controller b/c the wires just got in my way and right now have my fans connected to the mobo. And I used to have a panflow fan on there but I got the same temps and I wasn't sure the quality of that brand so I just removed it and put on an altec instead.

426940[/snapback]

imo panaflos are MUCH better than altecs