Oh Noes I Bought A Compaq...

platinum

Well its been 3 months ago i bought a compaq with a amd 3000+ processorand i just started overclocking video cards and etc...I noticed a horriable thing....I have a . Mobo...A Asus Kelut Socket A.....I guess i need ideas on a new mobo to buy..

I noticed a horriable thing....I have a . Mobo...A Asus Kelut Socket A.....I guess i need ideas on a new mobo to buy..

425897[/snapback]

Well it coulda' been worse... an Intel chipset (propriety) m/board :P

So you want an alternative Skt. A m/board eh? well basically we're all gonna' recommend high end Asus, DFI & of course Abit (my favourite :P) it's really up to you and what features you want etc. all three make great nForce2 Ultra 400 mainboard as do Gigabyte...

Anyway what's so bad with the ASUS A7V8X-LA? integrated video, sound and network card, and most importantly SATA ;), the KM-400A chipset won't let you lock the AGP/PCI frequency... 'tis true :(

But if you're gonna' upgrade to A64 in the summer... why not hang on to your cash till then & make do? <_<

BTW the 'kelut' is a Micro-ATX form factor, how big is your case? will it fit the larger (mainstream) nForce2 m/boards? <_<

Edited by tazwegion