Sign in to follow this  
wamason

Wireless Troubles

hey everyone, I'm using a D-Link DI-624 802.11g wireless router at my home, and I have only one PC connected via wireless, by a D-link wireless card. Here is my problem.

I couldn't get the PC to connect to the router at all, until I disconnected my Logitech MX keyboard and mouse, then my connection was ok. After I reconnected, my connection dropped to 30% and then died.

This is very aggravating. I realize that wireless is subject to interference, but it disgusts me that a stupid keyboard and mouse can literally make my wireless lan equipment totally useless. It makes me want to throw it all away.

I've read on the net that you just have to deal with this, but does anyone have any other answers that don't include "get a corded keyboard and mouse"?

Otherwise my wireless card may be up from grabs for the price of shipping :P

can't you change the frequency that the wireless works on? I know with linksys you can, but I odn't know about dlink. Is there an option in your router settings?

well you can change the CHANNEL but your stuck at 2.4Ghz. I woudl advise manually settign to different channels and seeing if it makes it better.

move the computer and the router closer, also make sure the keyboard and mouse stay away from the card as far as possible.

424706[/snapback]

Moving my PC closer isn't very practical. My PC is in my living room. The router is in another room with my server and another PC. I normally keep the keyboard and mouse 4 to 5 feet from the PC, but the base unit will only stretch so far from the PC.

For some reason, the D-Link Router will not allow me to change channels. When I click on the drop down menu, it only has channel 6, and no other choices.