Sign in to follow this  
gamer01

Running Two Hdd

Hey, I want to buy a Raptor and I was wondering if I could hook that up with a slower Maxtor HDD. I want EQ2 to run of the raptor to gain better performence. Would this work and would it be worth it do you think?

It may be worth it, but it depends if you got the cash to blow. If not I wouldn't say to get it since the hard drive only helps load times. Your lack of RAM is the real problem methinks.

whoops, I forgot to update my sig, I actually just got 1 gig of kingston ram a few days ago. This is just to boost performance and get faster load times in cities and crap.

Too add on to this I heard you coulld have 2 harddrives, one with a Mac Os and 1 with a windows OS, True could it be done In the same case?

Edited by Ste

You could buy a raptor to do that, but to be honest I don't think you'll really notice any real difference for the price. You might notice the difference if you went with 2 raptors and put them in RAID 0.

There is some benefit to be had from using the second HDD for the paging file space, too, since XP can access DX files and game info on the Virtual RAM simultaneously.

I suggest you go for it--especially now that you have 1GB of DDR installed.

I bet that upgrade helped!! :rolleyes:;)