Alienware At It Again....

zigen

Sadly I almost bought an alienware, but I ended up buying a dell, Not much better lol

then a year later I built my first pc, problem free first time, Ill never go to prebuilts again

Im sure custom PCING will be around forever

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I think you need something more useful to argue about.

421532[/snapback]

dude im not gonna say anything else because ive been warned to many times about someone like you and insulting them to harshly, but your a flame whore, and your just a post spammer.

421544[/snapback]

The man said it.

Can't we all just get along in this world?! :( If you don't like it then don't buy it but don't go around flaming everyone else if they wanted one or bought one. I get so much crap for buying an alienware laptop it's rediculous. The funny thing is that this is one of the best performing laptops i've ever used, and i've used quite a number. Anyways, i've got some gaming to do...

Can't we all just get along in this world?!  :(  If you don't like it then don't buy it but don't go around flaming everyone else if they wanted one or bought one. I get so much crap for buying an alienware laptop it's rediculous. The funny thing is that this is one of the best performing laptops i've ever used, and i've used quite a number. Anyways, i've got some gaming to do...

421557[/snapback]

ya everything has something bad but alienwars stomp on most other PC's, how else do you think they run the buisness eh (not to you cyberpc but to all who oppose alienware)

Can't we all just get along in this world?!  :(  If you don't like it then don't buy it but don't go around flaming everyone else if they wanted one or bought one. I get so much crap for buying an alienware laptop it's rediculous. The funny thing is that this is one of the best performing laptops i've ever used, and i've used quite a number. Anyways, i've got some gaming to do...

421557[/snapback]

i think the laptops are acceptable.. because you cant really.. build a custom laptop from scratch... thatd be kinda hard haha... so if you want a really fast laptop.. alienware it is.. but dont touch their desktops

Eh, even their laptops are relatively expensive. If they're still doing that upgradeable video card thing, though, that'd be something in their favor. In any event, I can't think of many situations in which I'd want a laptop for gaming.

And yes, they do stomp most other PCs, but that's because high-end gaming PCs aren't most PCs. The problem is that they *don't* stomp the other over-priced (but still cheaper than Alienware) prebuilts out there, and they *don't* stomp PCs you build yourself. I mean, come on, a Xeon? You're paying way too much for an ugly (and apparently plastic...) case and a name. (Okay, so I think that the cases are ugly. I'm sure plenty of people don't, though. Those people would still be better off buying a case they like and building the rest of the computer themselves.) Not even a good name.

Ya everything has something bad but alienware stomps on most other PC's, how else do you think they run the buisness eh (not to you cyberpc but to all who oppose alienware)

421587[/snapback]

I oppose AlienWare myself, and for many reasons.

They prey on ignorance and misinformation.

They are infamously misleading and their tech support has tanked.

Now figure into this that their PC's can be built for 1/3 the price they charge--and let's just assume for a minute here that their Tech Support is NOT worth $3,000 USD. No one's tech line is worth even 10% of that, is it?!?

So, basically, you buy a $2100 Xeon server with slow-butt Registered ECC RAM, with a pair of SLI 6800U's on it, and they want $5,723. Ummmm...NO?!

Build it yourself, get a FASTER GAMING RIG, then buy a nice, low-mileage used car with the change to take it to LAN parties in.... :rolleyes::huh: <_< :blink:

There are other reasons, to be sure; these just happen to be particularly irksome to me.

:withstupid:

I oppose AlienWare myself, and for many reasons.

They prey on ignorance and misinformation.

They are infamously misleading and their tech support has tanked.

Now figure into this that their PC's can be built for 1/3 the price they charge--and let's just assume for a minute here that their Tech Support is NOT worth $3,000 USD. No one's tech line is worth even 10% of that, is it?!?

So, basically, you buy a $2100 Xeon server with slow-butt Registered ECC RAM, with a pair of SLI 6800U's on it, and they want $5,723. Ummmm...NO?!

Build it yourself, get a FASTER GAMING RIG, then buy a nice, low-mileage used car with the change to take it to LAN parties in.... :rolleyes:  :huh:  <_<  :blink:

There are other reasons, to be sure; these just happen to be particularly irksome to me.

422115[/snapback]

cough ya ya i know what you mean <_<

i have a idea, we all get a yahoo email address like occcomplainer 1 or something like that, and we all send alienware a buch of emails, see if their wimpy servers can handle 50 emails, lol, no really we should complain to them, get up to a higher person who makes decisions for that company and tell them our own professional opinions and maybe they will send us some free games or something for telling them why the normal geek like us goes ahead and builds our own instead of buying their stuff