Sign in to follow this  
Mr Ham Cake

Pci Video Card Under About $100

Ok, I'm trying to get a decent Video card for PCI (not PCI express) my brother, I have a crap Rosewill MX 4000, so if you guys recomend a better card, I may start saving up. I'm not really a noob, but I thought the FX series was good so I don't know.

We both have the Same Systems, just he has intregrated graphics

256 ram

1.8 celeron

....thats about it.

the fx 5700 and up are not too bad,,5700 are fairly cheap now as well.....but the radions by ati are better from wot i here....9600 and up

EDIT: sorry you want pci,i think you can get pci fx cards geforce 4 mx,,fx maybe?not to sure on price though.

Edited by the DrewiD

Yeah, the GeForce FX 5700LE is most likely your best bet for a pci card. Nothing from ATi is worth getting for pci. Unless someone can point out a 9550 or 9600 for pci that I missed. So that's it really.

Thanks a bunch guys I had already Pick out one on newegg heres the link

FX5700Le

I don't know if Apollo is a decent brand, if you guys think of any brands tell me, I'm trying to get him this card b4 Saturday, his birthday

Take it while they still have it in stock. Newegg has the fastest shipping for FedEx ground that I've ever seen, go for it. Don't worry about the brand too much, usually doesn't make a difference on mid/low end cards. Hope your bro likes it! :foldon:

Also, the FX series are okay. They're not the best, but certainly not the worst either. They were designed to compete with ATi's 9xxx series, which didn't go over too well until you got to the 5800 on up. Even then the difference between fps in the two brands was barely noticeable. The only difference is thtat ATi has better image quality.

Thank You I'll have my mom order on her credit card, i already gave her a hundred to buy a FX5200 but after today reading a lot of posts, i'm glad they canceled my order.