Failed Bios Flashing

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because the flash went bad doesn't mean the entire flash was bad. If the floppy does in fact still works there's hope.

Now, looking back at this trend did you ever pull the battery to clear cmos? If not try that and leave the battery out for 2 minutes then replace and try to entire setup. Next, since you didn't save a copy of the old bios we need to find a set of bios for you to try. We now know what ever file you used didn't work so what other files does Jetway have? Where the download page for your board? Is this it?

http://www.jetway.com.tw/evisn/product/p-4/p4xfc/p4xfc.htm

or

http://www.jetway.com.tw/evisn/product/p-4/p4x533/p4x533.htm

I don't find Model# "p4x266e" 266e is the chipset

Edited by jhart

reply i just looked on that site! yea i downloaded some weird thing probly wrong i didnt know wat i was doing at the time and downloaded anything with p4x266e in it. o well i did find the right bios thou. i downloaded it and its called p4xfcuA5 and im sure thats right because in big bold letters on the motherboard it says p4xfcu and a5 stands for the version so now what?

o yea should i remove the battery or mover the jumper thingo?

Edited by crApclOcker

Let take a step back. I asked if your floppy worked. If I read your reply correctly you said "i think that my floppys working and i cant remember wat my bios is ill check wen i get home" Does the floppy work?

well.. i would say... if your floppy dont work.. call your motherboard co. and ask them for a new bios dongle.. i forget what they call the thing.. but its a black chip which big connectors on it.. usually they just pop in and out of your motherboard, they do this because its very easy to mess thigns up.. and if you do bad enough.. then well.. you just replace it..

how can i tell?

419340[/snapback]

When you normally turn on the system doesn't the floppy active light come on? Turn it on and see what happens.