6800ultra Vmods?

ive been lookin around on guru3d and havent really seen nething other than unlocking pipes on a vailla 6800.....ne one here have ne idea? (...tbone?? or do you just have experience with an ATI....)

I will have to ask, I think I know sme people that have modded their 6800u. Have you voltmodded before? If you have not I would try moding a less expensive card.

418073[/snapback]

never done a volt mod but ive flashed several 5900's to 5950's....not exactly the same thing but i was still ttaking a risk with mine and several of my friends cards i guess....

I've done the full 6800U mods...lol...I still sold the card :D

If you have never done vmods before, I would really suggest trying one on a less exspensive card. VMods are nothing like BIOS flashing.

Also, you can edit the 6800U BIOS to accept up to 1.55v, which would help. Anything over 1.55v and you'll need really good cooling.

yeah thats what i thought...also are there any ways to get around the driver throttling your card after you go below 25*C....just wondering....heck if i do this im gonna need some phase change or a good water cooler....it just doesnt seem worth it tho...

LardArse and some of the VR guys have found ways around the cold bug, but there aren't alot of guys running PS on 6800 cards.

I wouldn't vmod the card just yet, send me a copy of your BIOS, and I'll give you more voltage. A little increase will help in OC'ing, and it wouldn't require a vmod.