Valentine's Day Is Coming Up

gunak87

I don't understand why this holiday is such a big deal for single people. I mean, it's a Hallmark holiday for people with significant others. If you don't have one, you don't have to "celebrate". It's nothing to cry over.

Plus, if you're crying over the fact that you don't have a gf, you should seriously re-check your priorities. Not having a gf isn't the end of the world, especially if your just a teenager. You'll have plenty of opportunities later on in life. Also, keep in mind that sometimes people aren't particularly in a relationship during this time of year, yet they might be during another holiday, like Easter (not too far from Valentine's Day) or Christmas.

416571[/snapback]

Quoted for emphasis and truth.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why this holiday is such a big deal for single people. I mean, it's a Hallmark holiday for people with significant others. If you don't have one, you don't have to "celebrate". It's nothing to cry over.

416571[/snapback]

Thats the problem, with all the "pitching" they do for the holiday hallmark, et al, try to make it sound like you're somehow less of a person if you don't have any one to "share the momment" with this (and several other) time(s) of the year. Thus putting added pressure on people to get dates and significant others so they can participate....when all it is is perpetuating the money making schemes of the said companies.

Valentines day is quickly becoming passe any ways. most girls just want to stay at home these days. :P

I haven't given my wife anything for Valentine's Day for years, I'm with the guys who think it's a bogus holiday designed to enrich retailers. But...that logic gets nowhere with her, and I have been sliding deeper into the doghouse. So this year... T-shirts! Custom printed, one with pigs, one with a cow.

C'mon guys, you know that's what women want, am I right? Right? :D

I haven't given my wife anything for Valentine's Day for years, I'm with the guys who think it's a bogus holiday designed to enrich retailers.  But...that logic gets nowhere with her, and I have been sliding deeper into the doghouse.  So this year... T-shirts!  Custom printed, one with pigs, one with a cow.

C'mon guys, you know that's what women want, am I right?    Right?  :D

416680[/snapback]

Phil ain't even gonna have a doghouse after this is over. I can see it now. "You're the @#$@*@*@ pig thinkin' I look like a cow!!!" (Sounds of doors slamming throughout the house). So Phil, just how cold is it outside this time of year? :lol:

I haven't given my wife anything for Valentine's Day for years, I'm with the guys who think it's a bogus holiday designed to enrich retailers.  But...that logic gets nowhere with her, and I have been sliding deeper into the doghouse.  So this year... T-shirts!  Custom printed, one with pigs, one with a cow.

C'mon guys, you know that's what women want, am I right?    Right?  :D

416680[/snapback]

Nah put your smiling face on it...mabye a double finger point and wink. that'll make her sorry for wanting anything for VD-day...er V-Day.